M*CARBO Brotherhood

AR Enthusiasts: What's Next?

Now to do some sighting in.

8 Likes

Just pre-ordered 2. get em while they hot brothers

6 Likes

@Festus
**Really Really ** nice looking rifle Rick​:v::v:
Got you knife, got your compass, got your cammies cool beans. Where’s your dog tags?
Happy shooting :v::v:

5 Likes

@Captainjack88 Got in a hurry and left them sitting on the counter Chris. Thanks, can’t wait to take it out. Now to find someone to laser etch my lower like this…
th29OSX80B

5 Likes

@Festus
Rick got a few questions…
After research on the net, order everything, delivered, everything is in front of you…
How many hours at the bench to build this?
Total cost?
Then there’s tools? Cost?
Hope I’m not to nosy.
This is something I really want :v::v:

6 Likes

@Captainjack88 Prices can vary, for example I wanted an A1 but got a sweet deal on an A2 w/flat top upper, for 379.00. The A1 handguards ran me 35 bucks, A1 upper was 100 bucks, rear sight kit was 30 I think, tear drop forward assist another 12 bucks, USGI sling adds another 15 bucks, add shipping. Tools ran me around 75 bucks, see Tools for AR building I’ve seen kits offering “'Nam issue” Colt parts for just shy of 600. No barrel or lower. Barrels can run from 150 to 300 depending on your taste. As this was my second build, I don’t include the tools in this build, and have a third in the wings. Oh, the CA legal mags ran me 35 bucks shipped.

5 Likes

I know i just ordered from “CORE RIFLE SYSTEMS” a new upper/no BCG/ charging handle, Friday. order showed up this afternoon. www.core15rifles.com

6 Likes

I’m in the mood to do something silly again been thinking about building a fightlight SCR lower with wood furniture.

5 Likes

@Chris19do

I looked this up on the net
I do this a lot with you builders so I can try to figure out what your talking about. Sometimes I have to work a little harder when you all abbreviate.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Fightlight SCR is the complete rifle or just the stock?

Attached is a photo from the net

4 Likes

If I do this I’ll just buy the lower and proprietary bolt carrier group and build the rest myself. As much as I hate wierd property shit on my rifles where you’re reliant on a single source for replacement parts, a wood stocked scr looks amusing.

3 Likes

I thought about bull-puping a AR.,one like a saw done with a SKS coupe years ago…

THE guy chopped the stock out of wood, and made a internal trigger bar and cam arrangement.I would move the forend /stock up and drop a lower dot… but it could be done…

3 Likes

What ever you decide to build get a ballistics advantage barrel. I decided to go back to a 16 inch barrel rom 20 inch. My upper is from kerris arms. Great company to deal with. Anyway I heard ballistic advantage barrels wer good and guarentee 1moa or less with good ammo.

I decided I would give it a try. I bought a 16 inch with mid length gas port. Cut my has tube to size and switched barrels.

Went to the range to check my zero. Uses regular federal american eagle 55 grain boat tail.

All I can say is this barrel really lives up to the accuracy hype.
Iron sights 100 yards 2 rounds touching one pulled to the left about an inch.
Dam I wish my RDB would do that without scope.

Seriously shocked!

The mid length gas port seems to shoot softer as well.

Great barrel for great price
Check them out!

They usually run between 170.00 and up. Came across super deal.

5 Likes

Ballistic advantage is good stuff, I have their barrels on a number of my guns. Also, they are the OEM manufacturer for a number of other companies including aero precision.

4 Likes

anyone use Radian Raptor charging handles? any good? crap?

3 Likes

The price has always kept me away. Too many cheaper options.

3 Likes

Expensive but built strong to last.

I really like left side charging.

https://deadfootarms.com/products/hard-charger-devil-dog-concepts/

3 Likes

@GOBLIN I have been using one on my AR for many years with no issues, they are built very well.

4 Likes

Radian Raptors are my go to charging handle.

4 Likes

how much are they usually? classic firearms has em on sale for 45$ other ones i was looking at ambex were 65$ and up. and i need multiples…

3 Likes

@GOBLIN I usually see the Radian Raptor for over $80.

3 Likes