Anybody here play with Crypto currencies?

I think no clue sums up that drivel.

2 Likes

If we’re talking metals then brass, copper and lead. :+1:

5 Likes

In case you guys arent payin attention, we are lookin at a good time buy on quite a few choice tokens… They may still drift down a bit more, but the market is stabilizing more now than it has been for the past couple weeks/month.

1 Like

China continues its crackdown….

3 Likes

I haven’t…and won’t play… :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

People I’m aware of buy Gold & Silver to give to their children so the money won’t be taxed in their estate or suffer inheritance tax. Sounded reasonable to me, I just don’t fit into that category.

3 Likes

I would keep a close eye on china before doing anything. Some say the Evergrande situation could very well bring the entire house of cards tumbling down. World wide…

2 Likes

Bah, crypto is way beyond being controlled by China. Granted, i only have pocket change invested, and not using it as an actual targetted "investment "

2 Likes

I agree, I haven’t put a whole lot in but I’m doing pretty good on paper for what that’s worth, but when it comes down to it, I’d be ok if it crashes. Not happy, just ok

1 Like

I have a fair amount of Doge that I picked up early this year.
Just sitting on it for the future. So far, so good, but not an
investment for the weak hearted.

1 Like

I have bought some bitcoin at the wrong time, just to play. Lose $150 if I sell now…

2 Likes

I’m way ahead with gold and silver….just for assurance that I got another means to buy or barter with whoever has what I want/need.

2 Likes

@SoNic Theres probably never a good reason to sell at a loss
Just hold an wait

3 Likes

Young people don’t know what a real crash is.

Crypto is tempting but as others have said it’s very volatile. It’s also not liquid. At 60, I’d advise you to minimize your risk. Crypto is not investing. It’s gambling. If you cant get a 8-10% return on traditional stocks and have no desire to spend your day reading prospectuses, hire a financial planner. They take 1% and it’s worth every penny. Advice from the internet… bad idea.

3 Likes

I’ve had Apple stock for almost 10 years. Benefited from two splits…quarterly dividends and average ~10%/ yr. increase.
Sounds good but considering inflation is over 10% in reality, it might catch up when I sell…and after taxes. :scream::smiling_face_with_tear::rage:

If I sell, it will only be a percentage of my holdings…50% max…unless I’m about to croak. :face_with_monocle:

I also got in and out when the 3D market was on fire. :sunglasses:

APPLE

I’ve got several self directed IRAs and and a couple after tax accounts. I’m not rich but I can live comfortably off the dividends with my other retirement. Crypto is a gamble but then so are stocks and bonds. I was NASD series 6 licensed at one time. I don’t believe that a financial planner will help more than a person who is willing to take the time to learn but that’s each person’s prerogative.

2 Likes

Self imposed irony, i like it🤣

6 Likes

Same goes for legal advice. It might make for interesting chit chat but Internet forums or social media is not your shrink, your lawyer, broker, or best friend. It’s a bunch of unqualified random opinions.

But that’s what makes it interesting. Every day an adventure.

3 Likes

Never did jump on the “fake gold” market. How’s anyone doing that did? :face_with_monocle::person_shrugging:

I’m sticking with real Gold x Silver…:+1::sunglasses: