M*CARBO Brotherhood

Any Reloaders Out There?

Those and #28202 (139 gr. SST). I am loading WLRM primers and 63.5gr. IMR 4831. NO CRIMP.
Shooting a Remington 700 BDL Custom Deluxe.

2 Likes

Interesting is the fact that the same bullet out of my 7MM STW prefers the same velocity as the 7mm Mag but takes 2.8gr. more of the same powder. Both loaded to 3100FPS.

2 Likes

Seems to be a favorite of my 7mm Weatherby mag too.

2 Likes

5 Likes

@John025 Thank you for the advice! Yes I only do one powder and caliber at a time. Powder tub stays next to throw all the time. Everything gets a good clean including table top when I switch powders.

I only have issues with extruded powder, but who doesn’t? That type of powder meters badly lol.

So far I have accidently dropped a a powder charge with no pan. Another time caught the powder pan on something and spilled a whole pan.

4 Likes

Brownell’s has CCI SRP-BR4’s…for 125 per 1K, plus the usual haz-mat/s&h too rich for my blood.

3 Likes

I use a Caldwell chronograph. I have found that for best results, I want to be about 7 yards away from it, or the muzzle flash will generate errors. Also, you generally don’t want to be shooting a target behind the chronograph, as the angle at which the shot passes over the sensors will affect the reading. I just set the chrono up, and try to shoot as straight as I can over it, as consistently as possible. You can shoot closer for some things (like shotguns which I do at about 4 yards, or .45ACP, .38spl, etc.), but if it’s a high pressure round like 5.56 or .357 magnum, I find I get error messages from the muzzle flash even on a bright day.

2 Likes

@darkaynjil Thanks, that is what I was thinking too regarding the chrono, well unless I had a magnetosphere or labradar. I’ll just find a node that works then do a accuracy test around that node.

2 Likes

Midway has lrp, spr, and Spp. Limit 1000 each

2 Likes

Cross anything off the list that mounts to the barrel.
Change harmonics and you change group distribution

4 Likes

So i posted a week or so ago about the Russian Murom Small Pistol Primers at £29.00 Pounds per 1000, i tried them at the weekend and no issues so just to be a greedy so and so.
Item in your order|Qty|Price|

|Murom Small Pistol Primers (100 Pack) (KVB-9S)
MPN: KVB-9S|CD9403005|x90x100 packs |Excl. VAT: £217.80
Incl. VAT: £261.00||
|||Subtotal (Excl.Tax)|£217.80|

|Subtotal (Incl.Tax)|£261.00|
|Shipping & Handling (Excl.Tax)|£0.00|
|Shipping & Handling (Incl.Tax)|£0.00|
|Grand Total (Excl.Tax)|£217.80|
|UK VAT (20%)|£43.20|
|VAT|£43.20|
|Grand Total (Incl.Tax)|£261.00

That’s 9000 Primers, :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

and no postage too

4 Likes

@John025 That is a steal. I can’t even get 3k of primers for that cost ~350usd.

1 Like

I found a good deal of info on headstamps but it is on another forum. Is this legal?

5 Likes

Can’t see why not. This forum is all about sharing info.

3 Likes

Reload Labels

4 Likes

Great info on headstamps-

2 Likes

Thanks for the sheet of reloading labels. Very much needed. Now if I can just find a sheet of Avery sticker labels with 30 to a sheet I’ll be set.

2 Likes

What is your fax number? I will send some.

4 Likes

Did away with the fax machine years ago. I saved the label PDF you sent and did find the Avery label, 30 to a page. Once I get by the office supply and pick up some labels I’ll just print up pages of blank labels as needed.

3 Likes

Be sure to post a link if/when you do!

Nevermind LOL, thanks @cico7

1 Like