Any Reloaders Out There?

@Doitsouthstyle Matt that is a mixture of .380-.308 It it’s brass I will pick it up. never know when you might need it for barter.

2 Likes

Now the fun starts. Tumbling, resizing and depriming. Reloaded about 1000 rounds last month, .308, 5.56, and 9mm. Have a couple thousand more 5.56 resized but been too busy with work to run them through the case anealler, prime, and load up. Wife just bought me a new RCBS ChargeMaster powder dispenser/scale but other than entering load data and doing a test run of 15 loads I haven’t really had a chance to use it. I am impressed with the test run. Took about 20 seconds per cartridge and everyone was dead on.

4 Likes

Yesterday, I finished 3750 357 mag. Tonight I just finished cleaning up 1500 pieces of 38spl brass that I’m gonna load up before I change out the dies on the Dillion. Have the bullets cast, sized and lubed.

2 Likes

Where do you buy your bullets?
I read load 40 S&W. Cabela’s does not have much of a selection and it’s difficult to get the same thing twice.

If you dont mind copper plated, check out Xtreme bullets. Not sure on 40 cal but i get 9 and 45 bullets for my target loads

2 Likes

I do my .223 reloading on a Dillon 1050. I’ve added the mr. bullet feeder as well as an adapter in the primer position so I dont have any primer seating issues.

I trim the cases with a giraud case trimmer and custom made a wet tumbler out of a 5 gallon jug and a treadmill for about $25 dollars my cost.

6 Likes

I use a lot of Xtreme for my pistol caliber rounds (9,38/357&45) stick mostly to round nose and flat nose haven’t tried “hollow points” stuff tho and doesn’t look appealing for target shooting any way. I have loaded a few hundred of there .223/5.56 and runs good but I seem to like the quality of wolf and normally when in stock can get it at a better deal.

1 Like

tell me about your custom tumblr!

I chopped off the tread, and cut down the rails so both rollers were close together and put some grip tape on it to get the jug to roll.

4 Likes

I uses a Dillion 550 with Whidden Gunworks tool heads to reload my 9mm, 45LC, .223 & 308 then I jump over to the Forester CoAx single stage for my 6.5x47 match rounds.

4 Likes

Say reloaders, Im looking for an accurate load for my Winchester Mod 70 264 Win Mag. 24” barrel. Want to try out some 130 Accubonds. Haven’t tried those in it looking to hear what works well for others.

4 Likes

@Monty How are you doing Monty?
That wouldn’t be for a bit of black bear hunting this spring would it?:wink::laughing:
It will take a bit of digging but I should still have the data for 2 different loads we reloaded in the mid 70’s. They were being shot through a Win Mod 70. Don’t remember about barrel length. I can’t say for sure, it’s been so long ago, but seems like they were around 175gr and 210gr.
I’ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

Thanks Jeff!

Monty Montgomery

1 Like

@Monty I gotta tell you I do like your profile pic sir! :grin::+1:

Just a suggestion - the model 70 is a fantastic rifle, but there are some variation over the years, not to mention that it was made at times outside of America! (Gasp…I know right? A Winchester made in Japan!)

Point is there can be some differences in head spacing, rifling, and even twist-rate which means Jeff’s load may not work for you.

As always start with a minimum load and work up. :grin::+1:

(I know BOTH OF YOU GUYS know this but others who read this may not…I am always cautious about posting loading data. I would suggest make it a PM?)

4 Likes

your a smart man who would have thought of that i hope you told sorry ask the misses first:joy:

2 Likes

@Johnksg Yes!!! Thank you, John. You are quite right to mention that.
I would have sent the data through PM, but I wouldn’t have thought to caution others against putting that kind of data in open posts.
In addition to the variations and differences in the firearms you mentioned, I will add that I DON’T recommend firing any reloads that have an unknown source or are from someone you aren’t familiar with and trust.
Rounds that are improperly loaded, hot loaded, loaded for a specific gun or purpose, etc can not only leave a person open to legal issues if misused or something goes wrong, but can destroy guns and injure/kill the shooter or bystanders.

4 Likes

Anyone here have experience with lee loaders the all in one handheld type im thinkin bout adding a 9mm and maybe a 45lc to my B.O.B. since there so compact but would like opinions from those who have used these loaders before

3 Likes

Im new to loading and do my 9mm 45lc and 45acp with lee single stage press hand poured lead bullets that gets powder coated to help with fouling

3 Likes

My gun was manufactured in 1964. First run after they dropped CRF.

Good suggestions though.

Monty Montgomery

3 Likes

Oh yea, I’m the guy in front seat. Thanks!

Monty Montgomery

4 Likes