Any Fishermen In The Group? 🎣

Used to fish, not so much anymore.
I am picky about what I fish for, I don’t do bottom feeders and while people do not fish for them, lots of people eat that tilapia. I am like you do know they use them to eat the crap out of fish farms as the fist step in cleaning the water before filtering it.
Northern and Walleye have teeth and eat other fish and not gross stuff. EVEN then I ate so much fish as a kid, I am not a big fan.

4 Likes

Very nice catch.

Fly fishing is fun, I miss it.

Those fish are OK, nice eating size. Nice to see a size limit in place.

We do not have a nature reproducing population of brown trout here, all stocked.

Brook trout and rainbow mainly.

Cheers,

6 Likes

@MrMachinist I had to do this… everytime I turned my phone you guys would spin. :exploding_head:

6 Likes

:heart:

I’m all out of love again… :frowning_face:

6 Likes

:heart: :frowning_face:

6 Likes

That one is a little larger than the biggest cat I’ve caught. Mine only weighed 58 pounds

14 Likes

I do some saltwater fishing every chance I get. Deep sea, pier, private boat whatever we can get into . I normally start up I Hyannis Massachusetts in May or early June depending on the Jumbo Black Sea Bass season dates. Then hit Norfolk Va for Cobia in July. Also hit Moorehead NC for their 24 hr deep sea Gulf trip in July. August I’m catching Sea Trout,

Blues and Spanish Mackerel here in Maryland.

17 Likes

I’ve been dreaming of a Lake Erie charter.
I can and have cleaned the fish but not a favorite activity.

11 Likes

@QBALLZ i love me some cobia fishing

9 Likes

Bro sent me this to me, I had to airbrushed out the angler’s face.
A lake I fish often when I get a chance, but not that often in the winter.
Caught just days ago, 6" of ice, 12 pound 31 inch walleye.
Nice catch…

15 Likes

Fish east Matagorda bay every other weekend

7 Likes

@Rodney40556, Your in my neck of the woods then. Have fished that area many times in the last 25 years. Fished that area pretty hard back when I was chasing the Trout Masters tournaments.

3 Likes

Such an interesting fishery. Of course I didn’t have any idea where this was, had to Google Earth search the location.

I’m sure there is a name/tern for the stretch of land that separates those string of bays on the ocean side (stiff bar of shingle between), naturally occurring otherwise technically debatable these might be called inland lakes.

4 Likes

Welcome from just up the coast a piece.

5 Likes

Speaking of cobia . Circa 1985.

10 Likes

I’ve been craving fresh seafood for sometime now. A friend called today and asked if I wanted in on some fresh green tails from McClellanville South Carolina! Hell yes!

Had to de-head….man they are BIG and FRESH! :grin::fried_shrimp:

Looks like 16-20 size to me.

10 Likes

@MountainHunter
That is truly a luxury to have at your doorstep.
Enjoy, let me know how they turn out?
Cheers, and good eating!

5 Likes

We ate some last night. Very fresh and meaty. Looks like sound or channel shrimp to me. I’m going to rebag in 1 lb. packages today.
Shrimp omelette tomorrow morning…on the woodstove. :sunglasses:

Scallop on the wish list next.

5 Likes

@MountainHunter
Your killing me. I do not eat shrimp anymore unless I know it came from a clean source and not farmed, especially overseas, if not wild caught.

7 Likes

Anybody out ice fishing on Green Bay over the weekend?

6 Likes