M*CARBO Brotherhood

Any Airgunners Out There?

Would love to get a good one for iguana hunting down here in sunny florida.

5 Likes

@bubba2000 My brother lives in FL and uses a simple, gas piston $200 break barrel .177 Air Rifle on those iguana’s and it works just fine.

4 Likes

I don’t have a high power gun, but have a very accurate pellet pistol and a fun BB machine gun. I sit on the porch with them to annoy cowbirds.
I also have a couple nice soft air guns that are fun out here.
These are not toys (well they are). Good ones are expensive, and cheap ones not worth the money.
Quality air guns can help keep your marksmanship up and are fun.

4 Likes

That pellet SMG would be sooooo cool. Picture yourself as a mini-Rambo with an ‘X’ of ammo belts across your chest and a long ammo belt draped over your left arm as you fire your mini-M60 one-handed. You rip the bandana off your sweaty brow and give a steely-eyed glare at anyone who looks askance at you.

Of course, dragging a huge air tank around kinda spoils the effect… :rofl:

3 Likes

I have a Diana model 30 .177cal pellet rifle that was willed to me. It’s a break-barrel and in pretty good shape - no rust, wood stock is nice, and it fires strong - but it hasn’t been used in a long time and needs a 50,000 mile checkup and maintenance. I know little about air rifles - what’s critical to check and replace/refurb?

4 Likes

@phuzzy42

I like the simplicity of a break barrel, I have a few of them in gas-piston and spring-piston…177, .22 and .30. I really don’t know anything about servicing them but I would say seals can go bad over time. That’s a popular name brand you have so there should be info on it online.

4 Likes

@phuzzy42 Don’t use any oil in the chamber area except oil made specifically for air guns. There is the danger of detonation with regular oils. Also do not dry fire, always load a pellet.

5 Likes

I have some nice air guns. I don’t shoot at critters with them. I don’t get to the range as much as I should, these keep my aim at least in range.

3 Likes

I Remember That On One of His TV Shows Up in The Far North! :sweat_smile:
He never gave the Price, But it Look like Big Bucks to Me, and a neat Unit.

5 Likes

There’s at least one YouTube video on disassembly/reassembly but I don’t want to do that without all the replacement parts it would need. That’s why I asked what should be replaced in a tune-up and what should be left alone - some things it’s better not to fxck with.

5 Likes

@phuzzy42

I have a Diana model 45 .177 cal break-barrel rifle.

Just to clarify, is model 30 correct? If I’m not mistaken, the model 30 is a bolt action, spring piston rifle that shoots 4.4mm lead balls.

Here are a couple links that might be of interest/value for you.

6 Likes

You’re correct, it’s not a model 30, it’s a model 35 (the quick pic I took the other night was blurry). There are some videos on YouTube, but the ones that aren’t merely reviews look like they’re all in Italian. I did pick up that messing with the trigger is less than desirable. I may just leave it alone and only lube it (silicone oil is recommended but petroleum oil is okay according to one expert). It’s in pretty good shape and shoots well.

4 Likes

I think I could have a lot of fun with an Airforce Texan LSS.
Add a DonnyFL Emperor Suppressor and extension.
In either .45 or .50 calibers. Oh man I really want this.
Just need one of you fine gents to loan me $1700.

Other than that, I’ve been thinking of getting a cheap Gamo.
Pretty fun to play with. Cheap to run. No noise issues.

I had a few Benjamin Airs in .22 caliber years ago.
They were pretty good shooters but didn’t last long.
Pretty stout, compared to Daisy and Crossman.

6 Likes

@phuzzy42 I don’t know if you read this on the 35, so here’s a link if not.

5 Likes

@ValorSolo
I will knock down the first 500.00 of your funding and get you a little closer Charles.
Here is the Airforce Texan LSS in .45 or .50 cal for 1200.00.

7 Likes

Yeah, I read that and a bunch of other stuff. Tearing this down isn’t essential - it still shoots pretty good - so “if it ain’t broke…”

5 Likes

@phuzzy42

Cool. It is a nice rifle. :+1: I love my model 45.

5 Likes

Just a note to this thread that the October Shoot includes an air gun category. Show us your stuff!

6 Likes

@JoeFridaySays I assume that includes break-barrel also?

4 Likes

Spring, break barrel, CO2, all are welcome.

6 Likes