Anticipating a hi cap mag ban

… I have been spending any spare change I find in the couch on mags.

Last night I place an order with GunMagWarehouse. An hour later I get an onerous email saying the transaction was suspected of fraud and if this is in error, then I have to send a copy of my drivers license to them.

My response was in the spirit of the famed Ukrainian border guards: “GunMagWarehouse, go f__k yourself.”

Here’s what I have a problem with:

1. I have ordered from them before. They should know that.
  2. Don’t ever send me a threatening email because I will tell you to f__k off in a New York Minute. The wording of this email was the main issue. It was accusatory. I find that insulting. Especially given #1 in this list
  3. In spite of their errors, they notified my credit card company of potential fraud. WTF. Now I have another phone call to make.
  4. I am not sending a copy of a government issued ID to any seller. Especially over unencrypted email.

This seller has seen their last dollar from me. I don’t need them.

7 Likes

JoeBob’s has a lot of mag deals. One of my preferred sellers.

8 Likes

+1 on that. Joe Bob has always been a consistent, top notch seller for me. Quick ship and they are honest about what’s in stock. Sometimes astonishingly good prices too.

5 Likes

Joe bob
Brownells
Grab a gun
Ebay (if I can’t find it anywhere)
PSA
Primary arms
Right to bear (sign up for their emails, lots of sales from them including standard cap mags)

Those are my usual go to’s.

2 Likes

+1 for Joe Bobs
Also:
CDNN Sport
Firequest (slow, but honest)
Grab A Gun

Forgot Midwest Gun Works

2 Likes

CDNN has some good deals. Sig AR barrels a couple years ago for $49.00. 762 and 556. Should have bought more…

4 Likes

My Primary Mag Sources:

Greg Cote LLC
GrabaGun (better mag source than gun source)
Tripp Research

Greg Cote is tops 'cause you can learn compatibilities in the descriptions. GrabaGun has a very surprising inventory and often best internet pricing. Tripp Research builds the BEST 1911 magazines available anywhere.

4 Likes

I’m curious. Has anybody had a problem with Gun Mag Warehouse or am I alone?

My guess is GMW has hired some chubby, pale faced kid with no friends for their IT department who sits in the dark watching for ‘potential fraud’. The email sent to me was obnoxious. Like the stereotypical snotty IT guy I described would send. Or - they have outsourced web site support to a call center in Uzbekistan and a guy with no vowels in his name sent that email.

3 Likes

I have not had any issues with them. Just ordered 3 G43 mags from them yesterday. I will keep you posted

5 Likes

Just checked my GunMag Warehouse email folder. Total of 15 separate orders from 8/15/2020 to 2/28/2022… zero issues.

6 Likes

I’ve done 2 orders with them a few years back. They went smoothly, except when they did wierd stuff during freedom week in kommiefornia, which IIRC, was ask for a copy of your DL. At that point I went elsewhere.

If you can’t find the mags anywhere, then buy from them. If they are readily avaiable shop with someone else. This day and age, I don’t send any stuff over the net with my personal info on it.

6 Likes

One other case where they mysteriously ask for an image of your DL. NFW that’s happening. As far as I know, it could be owned or operated by a foreign company. Or staffed by inmates. It’s not uncommon.

I’ll leave the details of that discussion for an identity theft forum. The rule is never give personally identifiable information to an unknown requestor. Ever.

Oh well. I’m done with GunMagWarehouse so it doesn’t really matter.

Thanks for all the responses !

3 Likes

I’ve ordered Glock mags from them several times. No problems and I would order from them again. Don’t need any more mags so no need to order from them again.

Just need more ammo…their prices are too high for ammo…:sunglasses::boom::boom::boom:

4 Likes

Ordered translucent mags for 12 guage. Received black mags. They made good for me.

Their pricing simply fails to excite my payment maker.

5 Likes

Maybe not shotgun mags ( i like my shotgun shells in a tube !
But for Glocks !
May I suggest.

4 Likes

Then why did you ask us if our experience or opinions don’t really matter? That is a waste of everyone’s time.

7 Likes

Poor choice of words on my part. I got the confirmation and feedback I was looking for.

Also found GMW had a security breach in 2016. Customer info exposed. While that can happen to any business who isn’t diligent, it’s the reason I am selective about what info I give any seller. Credit card numbers are always encrypted, but your name, address, and everything else you give a seller usually isn’t. Some do but you have no way of knowing.

2 Likes

I have a bunch of those ETS mags for Glock and S&W. They have worked great for me. Runs good in the S2K also. They occupy space in my bug out kit. I wish they made them for the Beretta 92. I was skeptical before I tried ETS because I assumed they were cheesy transparent plastic. Cheap. Not true at all.

3 Likes

I was ordering Beretta 92x 20 rd mags. Their price was OK. About the same as others. If it seems like I am being a dick about this it’s because I am. Everybody makes mistakes. But you should never blame the customer for your f-up. With me, that’s the kiss of death for a vendor. They lost most favored vendor status and now I don’t trust them with my data.

3 Likes

I haven’t visited CDNN for quite a while. This am, I checked price and availability on the mags I was trying to order last night. Per-unit cost was noticeably cheaper than GMW. So I placed an order.

3 Likes