M*CARBO Brotherhood

And we’re off on this years adventure

Jr. and I left this morning for our yearly bike ride. Heading west from Florida. Stay tuned for pics. First stop Sturgis for 1 day then west to Glacier and Yellowstone. Stoked.

16 Likes

That’s a haul, be safe.

4 Likes

That is a long 1st day!

4 Likes

@rcdave09
Thanks

@cico7
Not driving straight there. 2k miles from where I live. Breaking it up into 4 days. Whole trip is 3 weeks.

6 Likes

@Ironbutt70 I was at Sturgis in 03 and the guy in the room next to me pulled up on a Sportster coming from FL, he didn’t come out of his room for a day and a half…he was walking kinda funny too. :grin:

6 Likes

@dave67

My son is riding a sportster. Day 3 in the books. Currently in Sioux City Iowa. Be in Sturgis tomorrow. Woot.

5 Likes

@Ironbutt70 Looks like some nice weather this week in Sturgis, high of 88 tomorrow. Be safe out there brother.

2 Likes

Thanks. Weather getting has been great too.

2 Likes

What a great ride! Post some pics of you trip so we can ride vicariously.

2 Likes

Made it to Sturgis Monday evening. Had to wait out bad weather in Sioux City Iowa so got a late start. Having never been here before I can’t gauge how busy it is but my friend who sells eye wear said he’s having his best rally ever sooo… Seems busy to me. Here’s a few pics from today.

7 Likes

@Ironbutt70

Rally is usually over 500,000 bikers and they are anticipating 250,000 this year.

3 Likes

how in the world could you find your ride if you parked it?

2 Likes

I’ll look for you!

Just got into Sturgis today from Florida myself.

Just a touch of rain running through Missouri but otherwise an excellent motorcycle run for sure.

Later this week I’ll be riding over to Wisconsin for their Wisconsin State Steel Match before heading back home to Florida.

Shooting the Ruger PCC with the Mcarbo extractor, of course.

AD

4 Likes

We left after 1 day as planned. We are now near Glacier National Park after spending a night in Cooke City Montana. Stayed in a log cabin. Still snow on some of the higher peaks. Suffered a brain fart and routing issue that caused us to miss Beartooth Pass. Went through some of northern Yellowstone to get here. Had to stop twice for buffalo blocking the road. I was too far back in the traffic jam to get pics. Still and awesome ride. Going to the Sun road is tomorrow’s priority in Glacier. Good luck at your shoot.

7 Likes

The Going to the Sun Rd always sounded like a bike ride to me…you will love it. My wife and I did it in 2012 NH to St Helens OR. 8000 miles. Crossed the 5 mile long Mackinac bridge to the UP picked up Rt 2 across the roof of the US with Glacier as a necessity. Enjoy it all. 8000 miles and we both could have hopped on the next day.

4 Likes

Going to the Sun road was incredible. No amount of words can adequately describe it. Asked junior if it was worth the 3k mile ride to get here. The look on his face said it all. Here’s s few pics of a lake a waterfall and a glacier.

Had my helmet mounted GoPro running all the way up. Can’t wait to see the video.

6 Likes

I’m envious what a great day by the looks

2 Likes

What are you riding?

2 Likes

I’m on a heritage softail with full fairing hard bags and trunk. Jr. is on a sportster with saddle bags and a sissy bar pack. Here’s a pic of mine. I’ll take and post one of his tomorrow.

3 Likes

Nice way to travel. We had a trailer behind the Triumph Rocket III.

2 Likes