M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ammunition Recall

Just read on Youtube that Winchester and Browning have issued ammunition recalls. Basically its ammo bought later then March 25, 2021. I believe recalls also include Stores who have their name on the box not the manufacturer. Several calibers are effected. 9 mm 115 grain FMJ is greatly affected. There are Symbol and Lot numbers of affected ammunition on the recall notices and where the numbers are located on the ammo boxes. For those who don’t store their ammo in the original boxes I don’t know what to tell you. I suggest anyone who bought ammunition after March 25, 2021 definitely look into wether or not your ammo is affected. For more information I suggest you Google Winchester and Browning ammo recalls. Numerous Lot numbers are affected.

7 Likes

Yep. Issued a few days ago. Link to lots…
https://winchester.com/Support/Customers/Winchester-9mm-Luger-115-gr-Recall

Browning shows nothing on their site for recalls

5 Likes

Trust me, Browning was mentioned on Youtube. I’ll bet Winchester manufactures the ammo and Browning just puts their name on the boxes.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Ship my heart was racing. I have the Q4172 lot # SA92LD1. Thankfully it’s not on that list. But I’m 99% sure I bought them after March 25th. Wild, maybe retail is holding onto ammo to cause inflated pricing.

3 Likes

On 6/21/2021 Browning has also issued a recall of 9mm FMJ. Symbol B191800092. Lot numbers SC13LD20 & SD10LD20.
If the ammo was purchased prior to 3/25/2021 there is no recall.

4 Likes

Someone help me out here. If the manufacturer has specific lot numbers that are needing to be returned… what does the date of purchase have to do with anything?

4 Likes

And, am wondering if this ammunition was sold in the US only, was any exported?

4 Likes

Its a quick reference, so people like me who know i havent bought ammo since it passed .35/rd last year, dont have to go check lot #s :grin:

5 Likes

I’m thinking the F**k Up occurred sometime after March 25, 2021. Thats why they say no recall if the ammo was purchased before then.

4 Likes

I quit using winchester white box years ago, so any cases i had are reloaded. a bad lot of junk 308 left a nasty taste in my mouth wont use it again except as brass…and thats debatable.

3 Likes