M*CARBO Brotherhood

Amend 2 34 round Glock mags and S2K

My new S2K has been functioning perfect until today. Finally installed my Mcarbo optic mount and recoil buffer and went out to sight in the AT3 red dot. Finally got it to shoot out the bulls eye :sunglasses:
But alas the Amend2 mags would not feed today until I took the MCARBO recoil buffer back out if the tube :cry:
Any ideas on how to get them to play nice together ?
Thanks, G

7 Likes

Hey G-Dub
I purchased the M*CARBO recoil buffer a little while back.
Haven’t installed it yet, was waiting for more feedback.

So I’m really looking forward to how this works out for you.
Cheers,

3 Likes

How is the failure presenting? What you have pictured looks more like FTE.

1.bolt closed with no round chambered
2.bolt stuck trying to pickup next round
3. round only partially picked up but skewing on the way into the chamber, and not allowing bolt to close

8 Likes

Maybe this is better pic. Spent casing not extracting as new round is partially into chamber.

4 Likes

Call me stupid (I’ve been called worse) but are the rounds reman or new??

6 Likes

They are new, not remans

5 Likes

Just came back from the range to test the newly installed rear fold down site, recoil buffer and 33 round mag on my S2K. 200 rounds and not a single problem. The more I shoot the S2K the more I like it. Muzzle brake is probably the next mod.

5 Likes

Is the same thing happening with any other mags while using the buffer?
I would take a look at your ejector to see if its bent, or broken.

4 Likes

I’ll look into that . And I’ll try them in my grandson’s S2K , I put a buffer in his too but haven’t shot it since .

4 Likes

I’ve shot everything I have thru my SUB with the buffer in it and not a hiccup. Steel cased or brass, new or reman. It shot it all…

3 Likes

@G-Dub I am just adding to the guesses here, so… is it a first round issue? Because I had problems with my 33 round mags until I started only loading 32 rounds. Not at all sure why, but it made a difference.
BTW… Amend2 is a great mag choice. :+1:

4 Likes

@G-Dub never had a issue with my Gen-1 and the buffer, but it was well over 1000 rounds when i m-carbo’d it. the Gen -2 didnt like the buffer, when it was fresh, till i got it broke in with any magazines except the std capacity Glock mags. after 1500 rounds, it shoots any mag that slides in it.
Is you unit broken in?

3 Likes

@G-Dub what does the ejector tab look like to bolt clearance, if it isn’t striking the spent casing then it won’t pop the round out. I had that issue as well, bent the ejector up a bit and zero issues since.

7 Likes

I’ll check that out.thanks for the suggestion

3 Likes

No, not a first round issue or should I say not just a first round issue because I took a few rounds out while clearing the jams . No jams while using the 10 round mags that came with the gun . I used the 10 round mags while zeroing the red dot then switched to the A2 mags for fun time but wasn’t very fun lol. At least until I removed the buffer then worked perfectly .

3 Likes

Update :
Took the grandsons S2K to range this morning, his has the red recoil buffer in it just like mine did .
His gun shot the A2 mags perfectly so that narrows it down to my S2K I guess.
His is 6 months old and been shot much more, mine is a month old and less than 100 rounds through it . I’m gonna try mine again tomorrow and if still have same problem I’m just gonna take buffer out until I have several 100’s of rounds through it and try buffer again lol.
Thanks for all the input .
G.

4 Likes

For comparison sake, i only have about 400 rounds through my mseries, which came with a fresh red buffer, and zero FTE/FTF issues. Using mixture of Factory Glock, promag, & SGM.
I think signs still point to your particular sub.

4 Likes

Great trouble shooting there, very much a mystery, good luck with the final test.
Lucky you have a second Sub2K to assist with trouble shooting.
I also agree with Stircrayzy

4 Likes

Mario is available for repairs.

8 Likes

Final update .
After checking on the above suggestions and a couple directly from Mcarbo. I took everything back out to the range today. Light rain but it felt good lol
Everything that was suggested checked out as ok.
I have a suspicion but not gonna try to recreate it :sunglasses:
So, shot some thru regular mag and A2 mags no problem. Re-installed the recoil buffer, this time making sure it was seated all the way down the tube against the bolt.
Crossed my fingers, loaded up a std mag and no problems . Loaded up an A2 mag and bam ! No problem !!
Only thing(s) I did differently was making sure the recoil buffer seated properly ( original install I just stuffed it as far down the tube as I could and assumed it would be good) and I normally don’t run most my guns “wet” but I did this time. Which one made the difference ? Who knows but everything is working as it should now.
Thanks again for suggestions.
G

8 Likes