M*CARBO Brotherhood

Am I The Only Gun Owner Who Has NEVER Fired A Glock?!?!

I know the popularity and dependability of Glock is common knowledge but even though I almost bought one, I have NEVER even fired one.

When I was looking for a higher capacity 45ACP pistol I was almost certain I was going to buy the Glock 41, then I held the FNX45 Tactical and it was game over on that deal.

7 Likes

HAHAHA - you just might be. I resisted for years, I now own a G40 10mm and a G34 9mm, both optic ready long slides. I love ‘em both. They have a way of growin’ on ya if yer not careful :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah I do have an addiction to guns so maybe I’m better off not shooting one lmao

3 Likes

I’m jelly.

I first fired a Glock in 'bout 2005. I think last time I fired a Glock was also 'bout 2005. Explanation: I had borrowed my father’s Glock to prepare for my CHL qualification, but I ended up buying a Sig which I actually qualified with. And, strangely, although I’ve cleaned it and installed bits on it - I simply haven’t had the urge to make it loudlike.

I’ve got no hate for Glocks. I actually have tremendous respect for the good points of the platform. But, for me, shooting a Glock would be like trying to get comfortable wearing my GF’s thong - unlikely to ever happen, not my style and either could cause my man bits to fall off.

7 Likes

@Dred I shoot my Glock in my thong and love both…:rofl:

6 Likes

@BiteYaHard nope. Been shooting for over 25 years and have around 12 pistols, not one being a Glock. Fired my first Glock a few months ago. They seem to be good guns but nothing I’m interested in owning.

4 Likes

@Kona My Glock 35 sits well along side my Sub-2000 in Glock .40…simple, alot of plastic and a little ugly.

4 Likes

Yea… I guess I like my guns like I like my women… :grin:

9 Likes

@TriggerHappy OMG Dave, I can’t stop laughing…:joy:

3 Likes

@TriggerHappy Awesome. I like my coffee like my ex-wife… Cold, dark and bitter. LOL

7 Likes

I can tell you I have never fired a glock. I picked one up once and didn’t like the feel of the gun and have never been interested in doing it again. M&P for me. Plus my Colt King Cobra.

3 Likes

I have never fired a Glock, &
I haven’t really felt deprived.

3 Likes

Ive shot quite a few and own a gen 4 g19. Wasnt a big fan of glocks till i shot this one. Im not one that cares a lot about the looks of a gun. To me its about fit and function. The G19 fits great in my hand and i can shoot 1-2" groups with it at 15 yards. Thats the most important things to me. If i cant put decent groups together within an allotted amount of practice, I usually get rid of it. I gotta say though, I love my 1911 and my Tanfoglios a little bit more!

5 Likes

The best part about a Glock is the fact that you can upgrade any part you don’t like. Because they are so popular there are alot of companys that make aftermarket parts for them. You can swap out any part on a Glock, and I mean every single part.

5 Likes

if it was built right the first time you wouldn’t have too. M&P baby (LOL)

3 Likes

@KM55 Coming from someone who bought a Sub-2000 and is swapping out parts? (LOL)

8 Likes

@KM55 Sorry Kenneth, I didn’t want to go there but could not resist.

5 Likes

I asked for that one. LOL. I have changed out parts in my M&P too. Just never a fan of the glock. they are good guns just not for me.

5 Likes

@KM55 I would not call myself a Glock fan. I bought it way back when LE were switching to .40 Glocks, It’s part of my home protection because they never fail. I have held much nicer more comfortable pistols and a Colt 1911 would be at the top of that list.

6 Likes

@d.kaufman2154 Yup - the G19 was my downfall lol. The defensive handgun classes my local Sheriff’s Dept. does have G19’s for use in the class if you want. (guns provided by NRA) I love my S&W Shield 9mm - it’s my primary CC pistol. Also have a vintage Smith model 39-2 that is really sweet.

3 Likes