M*CARBO Brotherhood

Aluminum Trigger Guard Sticking Open

Two year old flat trigger inside aluminum trigger guard.

Zero interference.

3 Likes

Mine is pretty much like Dred’s . I have the metal guard and the metal
flat trigger and there is PLENTY of clearance. My Mcarbo parts were made late August of this year .

3 Likes

@Dred & @smokinJoe Milton, I have the curved trigger and aluminum guard that’s just as old as yours and no problems here. Went to Mcarbo’s website to check them out and found that the “New” guards will not work with the stock trigger. Joe, I suggest you send a PM to @PatrickR who is a Team leader on this forum and more importantly a gunsmith at Mcarbo explaining to him your problem and what course of action to take. He should be able to tell those desk jockeys that you can’t sell a trigger and a guard that are incompatible with each other.

3 Likes

Wonder what changed over the years? I have 3 S2K’s, all fully MCarboized with flat triggers and aluminum trigger guards with no interference problems. Newest one is about 1-1/2 years old and the oldest maybe 3 years old. All are Gen 2 models.

3 Likes

Just got my Mcarbo order today, 3 pics, all with the Mcarbo aluminum trigger guard on, locked in extended position (as in not folded)
Pisc of their flat trigger, stock trigger and my modified stock trigger.
So what changed from your installations I wonder?
@ChrisNelson

3 Likes

so much for 100% satisfaction, so what changed Chris? I want the flat trigger and aluminum trigger guard, which I have bought both, RECENTLY (within weeks) but now have to buy another trigger guard for it to fit? really?
@ChrisNelson
You can write me privately at glue_ru@yahoo.com if you prefer, this is my account sign in name as well

2 Likes

That’s wild! Here is pics of my 2 9mm S2K’s, both flat triggers and aluminum trigger guards. My .40 is the same but I can’t send a pic of it right now as its somewhere on a FedEx truck on its way back home after a Kel-Tec warranty repair.

2 Likes

your trigger guard looks thinner than mine, area below trigger, though your is much older and mine is about 2-3 weeks old…

2 Likes

How about that. Same Harbor Freight calipers. I went ahead and left mine in metric since that’s how you measured.

2 Likes

Have you tried to completely assemble both halves with all the springs? If your pins aren’t lined up straight it might allow this to happen. Just a thought. This is weird. Never heard of anyone with this problem.

1 Like

same, good to know, yes, it has been assembled, same, just did it that way to quickly change between the three triggers

3 Likes

I’ll assemble it right now with the flat trigger. Working on this live! I’ve taken this apart so many times I’m getting pretty good at it. gimme a few minutes, cooking coconut oil rice for the dog too, it’s simmering as we do this. lol

3 Likes

I don’t know. I’m baffled. Without being able to compare them side by side I can’t say. Once its resolved let me know what you find. I’ve owned a machine shop for 31 years and you just don’t see that much variation in modern CNC parts unless someone made a bad setup or used the wrong cutting tool and then it should have been caught by the QC department. In my shop that part would either be measured in Go/NoGo gauges or on our optical comparator.

1 Like

put together, notice with trigger pulled fully, the trigger guard lifts out from the receiver.

3 Likes

@smokinJoe, The only other thing I can think of is if you have the trigger guard spring in upside down it will not line up properly. Go to about the 32.20 minute mark of this video. If thats not it I give up.

1 Like

that’s a good thought, double checked it now, it is correct. I watched the same video when I first installed it.

3 Likes

This is how the spring should look if installed properly.

2 Likes

we’re good

3 Likes

@smokinJoe … show us a pic of your Sub assembled. I have a sneaking suspicion that Kel Tec’s update to do the plastic collar fubar’d the geometry at your peril. I see @Texprep 's Subs have metal collars as does mine. We know that the plastic collar’d subs have more receiver tube exposed than the metal collar’d subs. After your clear demonstration that the clearances aren’t working for your Sub, I’m guessing Kel Tec’s new multimag receivers with the plastic collars are dimensionally different in this area as well.

Have I guessed correctly regarding the collar on your Sub? If so, it will justify the redesign you described. But it does not justify MCARBO leaving you with their parts that don’t work together.

3 Likes

yes, mine is the plastic collar, 1/8 turn to snap in place.
Pic is of my cut down stock trigger, still awaiting shipment of Mcarbo curved trigger which the girl on the phone claims works. I got a feeling the curved one will not, at least with anything more than minimal clearances, will have to get the new design triggger guard, or get a refund on this one and stay with stock, then order the new Mcarbo. Poor answer from Mcarbo customer support for sure.

3 Likes