All Time Classic Movies

Everyone enjoys reminiscing about their favorite movies. Here is an excerpt of mine…

6 Likes

two of my all time favorites would have to be THE WARRIORS AND THE WANDERERS @lonewolf

7 Likes

Quigley Down Under and pretty much anything with John Wayne or Clint Eastwood, especially The Outlaw Josey Wales.

10 Likes

The Sound of Music! ‘’ NOT ‘’ :rofl: All the Westerns by the Above’

5 Likes

Sgt. York and The Green Berets.

5 Likes

@DivaMarie

You must have been in the presence of an INFOMMERCIAL and ‘Sound of Music’ came on??? Big smile!

2 Likes

Saving Private Ryan if that counts as a classic

4 Likes

@S2K

To me, ANY movie that is memorable and worth seeing again at another time would be considered a classic! Big smiles! If one has to worry about another’s opinion, wouldn’t it be considered a ‘programmed response?’ We get enough of that in the world… I am most interested in my brothers and sisters personal experiences, especially around here… Many thanks for ‘dropping in’ and ‘shouting out’ on my thread, brother! :+1:

3 Likes

Westerns = Tombstone. Man from Snowy River. And pretty much every other western ever made.
War = Windtalkers. Heartbreak Ridge. Fury. And pretty much every other war movie ever made. LoL.
Comedy = Joe Dirt. Most of the older Adam Sandler movies. Steve Martin, John Candy movies.

7 Likes

@ValorSolo

Great choice of movies, Charles! I bet your DVD selection is awesome???

3 Likes

Before I found MCarbo, I watched alot of movies, now I never have the time. LoL

4 Likes

@ValorSolo

I have been watching many movies from 1970’s thru 1990’s on Amazon Prime with my laptop toggling back and forth with my laptop. Big smiles!

3 Likes

Yeah most western don’t forget bonanza ,the big valley etc

5 Likes

Has to be more than 25years old to be considered a classic

4 Likes

@hunter1916

Apparently, the world views antiques, classics, etc. 25 years plus! Since I am a (youngin’ born a ‘flower child’ of the 60’s…) I COULD USE A DRINK, Mr. Kieran sir! :rofl: I tend to watch those so-called Classics from 1970’s to 1994 because I enjoy reminiscing about those times that I ‘remember’ most… The world is so different from ‘us’ BABY BOOMERS, don’t you agree? Being that history is known to repeat itself, I often wonder if it would do so during our time! Maybe wishful thinking, but one can only pray. I guess that was my compelling reason to create this thread. What a ‘better’ way to walk down MEMORY LANE is to have all my brothers and sisters joining me by participating in this thread??? Thank you for sharing your comments with me, brother! :beer::beer::beer:

2 Likes

@hunter1916

I was a big Bonanza fan when I married my first wife. All I can say is that I was too ‘distracted’ to know a great series it was… I had vowed that I would try to afford the DVD Series the first chance that I can get. However, that was a CLASSIC vow that I made!!! Thanks for reminding me to (renew) my word, brother!!! :roll_eyes: THIS IS GOING TO BE EXPENSIVE??? Trying to smile!

2 Likes

They have showed reruns a few times over over the past couple of years

3 Likes

Next you be telling me your buying the Brady bunch box set​:grinning::grinning::grinning:

5 Likes

@hunter1916

Kieran, dont let my SECRET out of the bag, but, I already own the BOX SET…:rofl:

2 Likes

SOUND OFF IF YOU GOT A PAIR.

PVT. PYLE…WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION!

R. Lee Ermy in Full Metal Jacket.

7 Likes