M*CARBO Brotherhood

All in One Pro Performance Trigger Bundle- How Hard to Install?

I’m new to this site. So, I hope that I’ve entered this message in the right place. I just bought my first Sub 2K, and I’m considering installing the All in One Pro Performance Trigger Bundle. To be perfectly honest I’m not very experienced with tools. I can do some “simple handy- tasks” around the house, but anything that involves complex or even intuitive steps in installation will probably be a challenge for me.
How difficult is it to install this Bundle? Is this something that I should even attempt? I know that there are some helpful videos out there, but would I be better off working with one of the “lesser Bundles”?
I know that this is probably a bit vague about my abilities, but I am reluctant to spend the money ($235.00 minus my veteran’s discount) only to find that I’m unable to complete the installation.
Thanks for any help or advice that you can provide.
~ John

8 Likes

This is the first time @JNAP has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!
Hi John and welcome. It is not a hard job, just be cautious of the little springs that get away.
Take reference pics, watch the video several times and you can do it!

3 Likes

I have the kit arriving today, and will be doing my install this weekend. I’ll let you know how difficult or easy it was. From the installation video, it looks pretty strait forward.

5 Likes

As these installs go, the Sub is not difficult to upgrade.

Step one: put on your OCD face
Step 2: measure
Step 3: measure again
Step 4: install
Step 5: confirm correct

Iterate 2-5 until cpmplete

Fit lots of video review and rewind in time with your steps and …

So, easy compared to detail stripping a Ruger Mark II. Really no places where it matters how you hold your mouth.

If you are in a hurry or just impatient, this is a good install to purchase.

6 Likes

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

2 Likes

Sounds good. I’ll give it a try.

2 Likes

Will do. Thank you for your response.

2 Likes

I am like you in skill level and was reluctant to open my S2K. I did so recently to replace the feed ramp and hammer bushing - something I recommend you do while upgrading the trigger. Those are the two plastic parts most likely to fail.
As noted above, you should watch the videos a few times and will need to be careful of springs launching to Uranus, but the tricky part in my experience was getting everything to “stay put” until I could get the grip halves back together - especially the hammer and sear springs. That said, if I can do it so can you.
One other thing. The grip screws and pins tend to strip. If not included with the trigger kit, you probably should order and replace them at the same time.

5 Likes

Great1 Thanks for the advice. I’m looking to get the “big kit” “All in One Pro Performance Trigger Bundle”. So, I think those parts are all included.

4 Likes

That’ll give you everything you need.

Hint Hint Hint Hint Hint - polish the holy #(@*% out of everything that moves. Don’t limit yourself to just what Chris polishes, polish every side of every metal piece except for springs. You’ll be amazed at the difference it makes in how smoothly everything works together. Besides, you won’t want to open the S2k up very often to do a deep clean, and polishing everything helps extend that time. I usually just stick the plastic tube of a can of Action Blaster through the ejection port into the action and give it a good spray, then follow up with some silicone fast-drying lube and only tear it down for deep cleaning maybe once a year.

7 Likes

I’ll definitely follow your advice. Thanks.

5 Likes

Did mine last night and all seemed to go well. Just follow the videos and you should be good. Did a bunch of Pause/rewind but I’m confident I did everything correctly. Dry fire function was perfect. Headed to the range this AM to test.

6 Likes

Did mine sometime last year. I never took down any firearm that far before myself. Just keep the video handy, pause a lot, rewatch if anything seems not right. It’s not that hard. The hardest part is the safety with those damn C clips and detent and spring. And they DO go flying, so be extra careful there. I found the included tool was useless for the C clips, but a pair of needle nose plyers worked just fine. Just yanked them off. Polish things up nice like Fuzzy said. Just be patient and take your time. It’s well worth the upgrade.

3 Likes

Thanks. It seems that all the responses agree that as long as I have the videos nearby, and take my time, I should be good to go. I hope so because I just ordered the bundle from M Carbo!

5 Likes

Range day was great. S2K functioned flawlessly and the trigger pull was noticeably lower. I’m a happy camper. I agree with Jperr about the included tool for the C clips. I used 2 small jewelers screw drivers to get them started and then pulled them off with needle nose pliers. Good luck with your install.

3 Likes

Thanks. It seems that all the responses agree that as long as I have the videos nearby, and take my time, I should be good to go. I hope so because I just ordered the bundle from M Carbo!

2 Likes

Thanks. And thanks for the tips, as well. I’m glad that it all worked out for you. Hopefully, that bodes well for me, too.

2 Likes

I think you’ll be just fine man. I’m a IT person and I did the whole trigger kit, springs, pins, and guide rod replacement for my CZ75. With the amazing how too videos and well organized kits it was a snap. I actually did the whole install while I was on a couple of audio conference calls. evil grin

3 Likes

The take down is easy, the tricky part is putting the magazine release and the sear spring. Both are explained in the videos. The release can be worked around by using a empty magazine in the magwell.

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement.

1 Like