M*CARBO Brotherhood

Airsofters! Unite?

So I’ve had my nose in the air about airsoft for a long time (insert mall ninja jokes here), but lately I’ve found myself gravitating towards action videos of the sport on the YouTube’s. Anybody have any experience, positives, negatives, etc.? I’d be really interested in running a Kriss Vector/Walther P99 combo if I ever did get into it.

3 Likes

Cool topic! I’ve wondered about this myself.

3 Likes

Dutch the Hooligan is a good starting point on YouTube.

1 Like

As in pos vs neg of airsoft? Because i can most certainly help if that’s what you’re referring too

2 Likes

@boots go ahead and talk about it :+1:t2:

2 Likes

@Kona So airsoft is a lot of fun. The pro is that you can shoot people without becoming a felon. haha. It’s a lot of fun because you get to sneak around inside a warehouse or out in the woods and camp on people. The cons are really the people. You get the people that thinking their army strong and think their hot shit. Even though a lot of vet’s play, you get the people that can ruin it. Especially when they dont call their hits and they keep shooting. Theres a indoor place I used to play at and there were kids who wore big trench coats and blasted shitty rap music so you know where they were, but never called their hits because of the trench coats. I guess another con is getting shot somewhere where you dont have protection Like in the hands when it’s cold. THAT. IS. THE. WORST. I find the pro’s even out the cons. You’ll have a few bad apples playing, but you can get a decently built rifle for a few hundred bucks and run town on people. If you have any other questions im more than happy to help

2 Likes

I don’t really know anything about airsoft, but it looks like there are some bad ass full auto versions. The one in the video put that kid on the deck in some serious pain and that wasn’t even on bare skin. And, that was from a good distance away. Apparently, they had some BS airsoft spat previously and that was the result.

Yep shit like this happened frequently when i played paintball years ago. Someone would get butthurt and turn their velocity way up and go back out and try to get even…

1 Like

I knew they could sting, but to drop that kid like that screaming in pain? Wow… Someone could seriously get hurt at much closer ranges, especially if they took it in the face. Do they chrony these things before tournaments or whatever to make sure the velocities aren’t too high?

1 Like

@boots what’s your kit? Gear, primary/secondary, etc.? Cost? Where do you play?

1 Like

It really depends on what you want. You can run a high lipo battery and have the gun rip, or you can go into the Wolverine and run pressurized air. If you run polarstar or wolverine, there’s a lot more to it but guy’s love them since there’s less internal parts but the initial cost is higher than a regular battery run AEG. Some fields will allow anything, but some fields are strict and they chrono the guns along with only allowing semi.

I run a Krytac trident MKII which cost a few hundred, no secondary at the moment. I play at a few fields in CT.

2 Likes

Well, that’s good. That kid got freakin’ drilled. I wouldn’t want to participate with people using gear like that. It’s not even “sporting” at that point when someone’s out to actually hurt other people.

2 Likes

Some people honestly deserve it, like if they aren’t calling their hits i know some people will keep drilling the person and get closer and closer just so they get the point. There’s no perfect solution unless you want to snitch on someone and have them kicked. If enough people complain, they’ll do something about it

2 Likes