M*CARBO Brotherhood

Ain't that some $#!+

I went to the local FedEx outlet and was going to send 550 rnds of .22 and 100 rnds of 9mm to my sister in AR. The girl at the counter asked what I was sending (I don’t remember being asked that before at FedEx). I told her it was factory packaged ammunition and she jerked her hand off the box like it was a snake. Long story short, she informed me I would have to take it to the FedEx shipping center in Corpus Christi (an hour drive from me). Sorry, sis. Walmart still has .22, can’t help you with the 9mm.

9 Likes

@shelby pro tip: go to a different Fedex and tell them it’s cookies when they ask. Ship it and go about your day :+1:t2:

20 Likes

Lol! 7 pounds of cookies!
Talk about your heavy metal poisoning. LMAO!! :cookie: :cookie:

10 Likes

@Shelby I had an issue at I believe it was a UPS Store. Guy asked me what it was and I told him it was a gun stock return and he stepped back like it was dangerous and told me I would have to take it to another facility. I had to explain to him it is what the gun goes into, it’s just a piece of plastic…almost had to open it to show him. I still don’t think he understood what I was telling him…so cookies it is!

15 Likes

Fed Ex Has some(Real Issue’s) and (A** Backwards) Thinking on This Subject even with all There Permits and Fees paid by the ‘‘Ammo Supply Company’’ They will not Accept a Return Package to The Company here in AK.
Myself I Think they All Need to take a Refresher Course in ‘‘Hazard Materials Handling’’ It’s not a Bomb’ It’s Ammo’’ It’s Okay it won’t Poke your Eye Out! Just don’t drop it! :rofl: :rofl:
As Kona says it’s Heavy Metal Cookies, Or in the case of Return Firearms for Tuning or Work to Gunsmith with their permit in box 1911 Style Remove Slide Spring and it’s (Machine Parts) Works Every time for USPS. :grinning:

11 Likes

When you ship a firearm, ammunition or gun parts using UPS or FedEx, just tell the person at the counter that you are shipping machine parts.

13 Likes

“My Sister is a paleontologist and needs these petrified T-Rex turds for an exhibit. Heavy sum bitches ain’t they?”

11 Likes

@JoeFridaySays

Just tell them it’s biscuits.

8 Likes

Yep, machine parts.
Fed Ex is the worse for so many reasons don’t know why gun people even use them.

11 Likes

the ex cooked biscuits and i need to ship em. woman fed me like a greek god she did, everything a damn burnt offering.

UPS guy cusses me for steps everytime i order ammo… or ship out a engine…

11 Likes

I’m sure mine wasn’t often happy when I could find stuff for decent coin. Actually asked me once if I “shoot all that” to which I replied, “Hell yeah, that’s the point of buying it, you don’t age it like wine”. :grinning:

13 Likes

@GOBLIN @chilipepper I Forgot to Mention That! :rofl: in the Above Post’
They all seem to Have a Case of the A**! And a ‘‘Mad On’’ at the World!! Because (They)The Poor Ups& FedX Drivers had to drive Around Town with Your Ammo! And it Could Explode’ or Lightning Could Hit the Truck’ Spare Me’ Get a Life. :laughing:
Would love to see these Types in Some of the Ammo Party’s We had in Nam.

10 Likes

In their defense, the boxes do tend to be deceptively heavy for their size…but they know what the markings mean. I’m always surprised if the parcel shows up without bearing the evidence of being abused…the loaders and unloaders at the sorting centers clearly do not have the same appreciation for ammo deliveries that we do… :grinning:

13 Likes

Recently had to ship 700 rounds of ammo up to Wisconsin for an upcoming match. Didn’t want to carry it on the motorcycle for three weeks on the road.

UPS (and FedEx) have exact rules for shipping ammo (not sidearms) and once you figure out just what they want, it’s pretty easy.

Go online, fill out the form, PRINT AND PAY FOR THE LABEL, and then just drop it off at a shipping center, NOT a UPS store or drop box or any of that.

They won’t care and usually won’t even ask what it is. They know from the HazMat sign on the box (that 4" black diamond) and the weight that it’s probably ammo. Besides, when you fill out the online form, you TELL them what it is as in “Cartridges, Small Arms”>

Do it online, drop it off, it shows up a week later. Easy.

AD

13 Likes

Yeah, but it is more fun to bitch about it. :grinning:
And if you are @DivaMarie that shipping center is a four day dog sled mush away!

8 Likes

Ouch! That Hurt’ :laughing: As Far as to the 4 day Mush Journey’ don’t Forget the 3 day Hang up in Anchorage Airport :rofl:

9 Likes

Crap my 6.5 creedmoor barrel is still stuck in the “bloomington” FedEx hub, been there 2 weeks now and have a inquiry started. Seems lots of pew stuff is going missing at that hub.

9 Likes

That Suck’s! :thinking: Maybe when they Start getting Hammered with large Pay Out’s on Insurance Claims Some One will get Their :poop: Together.

4 Likes

I can neither confirm or deny that someone (personally) sent me ammo via UPS no questions asked. After all, who is going to question another person when it is auto parts… :wink::wink:

5 Likes

Corpus is an hour from you? Which way? We have a place in Rockport and soon will be building our final place in Aransas Pass.

5 Likes