Adjusting rear site

All Things SUB-2000!

So I bought the rear peep site and installed it. I finally got the gun zeroed but I had to adjust my front site almost all the way to the left. Did I install the rear site wrong? As it is it is very accurate but the front site is way to the left to get it zeroed. This can’t be correct. Any suggestions?

4 Likes

I have 3 of the S2K’s. Every one of them the front sight was not installed square with the gun. I had to remove it and the reinstall it with some rockset to lock it in place.

4 Likes

Mine is offset too, all the way to one side. Might take the BFH to it one day.

3 Likes

Took mine and a 12 pack of beer to my gunsmith. Problem solved.

2 Likes

It’s a bit expensive but you might consider also replacing the front sight with the Red Lion one.

3 Likes

I took the KelTec front sight off of mine, and put on a Red Lion one (actually sent it to KelTec along with the MCarbo spring/pin kit. They installed it all for the $40 fee. (I had already put the MC rear peep on by myself…) The biggest problem with the KT front sight is that sloppy engineering of the sight - a spring to move it over? It’s so easy to bump that thing. The RL sight is built like an AR sight, so you can change out the post, and adjust it with an AR adjustment tool. It folds down out of the way, with a positive detent to hold it down. The S2K can fold with the RL sight either standing tall or folded down, and clicks into the butt like its supposed to. The only reason I had KT install it is, I didn’t have the proper barrel vise and was afraid to tweak it while removing the KT sight. The good thing is, they took the time to get the sight squared up to the rifle, and also to ensure that the threads on the muzzle still showed enough to put a device on there. The sight cost $90 or so a few years ago (when I got the S2K gen2 multi for under $400, so…).

3 Likes