M*CARBO Brotherhood

Accuracy is Relative

Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun. Use a gun that works every time. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

I don’t know who wrote it.

7 Likes

Attributed to Field Marshal Gebhard L. von Blücher

9 Likes

@Billbkr Welcome to the Brotherhood

5 Likes

As a combat veteran, in terms of acceptable combat accuracy as long as you and your weapon system can shoot minute of torso the range your anticipating engaging enemy combatants you’re good.

8 Likes

@Chris19d Out of likes again Chris! :+1:

6 Likes

Having that same problem at the moment…

5 Likes

@Chris19d The Marines agree with you and are changing there qualification targets to torso type. It will be used at all distances , no more scoring points , you need kill shots at all distances. Same size targets
all the way through qualification/ They will start at 500 yds and move in to the closer ranges. They want to train like they would engage real bad guy.

8 Likes

Excluding the effects of drugs or religious fanaticism in close combat when it comes down to it a hits a hit (I’ve seen a hadj, obviously on drugs catch a 100 round burst of 7.62 from coax on a bfv still manage to return fire) dealing with normal people who feel pain and dont want to die a hit is as good as a kill. They’re out of the fight and probably distracting their buddies with all the noise they’re making. That being said fighting fanatics or ppl on drugs all bets are off theyll keep fighting long after their body is dead because their brain jsut doesnt get that you killed the yet

7 Likes

@Billbkr welcome to the forum bill , i think you wrote it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

@Billbkr

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood, Bill…

6 Likes