A Shot For A Marine

Here’s a video some of you might like. Especially you Marines out there.

Howard

10 Likes

What a great gesture and a great shot too!!!

5 Likes

Thank you! This is one shot that I REALLY wanted to make!

Howard

5 Likes

Yes Sir, the 1911 is a tack driver!

6 Likes

A double tack driver it would seem. Thank you!

Howard

6 Likes

@hrfunk

Great shot!

Thanks for the video and the support of our veterans.

2 Likes

The honor was all mine.

Howard

3 Likes

Damn fine shooting!!

3 Likes

Thank you Burg!

Howard

2 Likes

@hrfunk

So, you purposely picked a 1911 for the two-tack shot. Is that because you shoot 1911’s (or, perhaps, that 1911), the most accurately of all your handguns?

If you don’t mind my asking, what brand and model was that 1911?

I am in the market for another 1911, though nothing custom, and not too expensive (under $1500). Also, want it to be able to handle +p ammo. What would you recommend? Thank you for any advice you can provide on this.

3 Likes

Ha! As someone else on youtube pointed out, when it’s all on the line, I reach for the pistol I trusted in the Corps!

The pistol I’m using in the video is my Remington 1911R1. I really like the Remingtons. They are accurate, reliable, and well within your price range. I currently own three different versions, and the GI model in the video is my favorite one.

Good Luck!

Howard

3 Likes

@hrfunk

Thanks for the info.

Is there a significant difference between the R1 and the R1 Enhanced?

2 Likes

This is one of my older videos (and it lacks a lot if the touches I add today) but it gives you a pretty good look at the standard GI 1911R1.

Howard

2 Likes

And here’s a somewhat newer one on the 1911R1 Enhanced model.

Howard

3 Likes

@hrfunk

Thank you very much for the videos. Great stuff and answered my question about the differences.

1 Like

I have two Sig Sauer !911’s in 45acp. The 5in Fastback Nightmare and the 3in UT-NI. Both are very accurate, high quality guns, very smooth with light trigger pulls. They both also have the Sig nite sights and are pretty good looking guns too. Both typically sell for $1049, so they are well within your price range

I am so impressed that I am looking to buy a 4in to complete the set. As you can see I added Hogue soft rubber finger groove grips to both. Makes for a very comfortable consistent grip and aids in recoil reduction.

4 Likes

@Dane

Thanks for your input into this. I have been looking around for a while, now.

1 Like

You’re welcome John!

Howard

2 Likes

I received this on my YouTube channel this morning from Gunny 0326. I think he wanted everyone who sent well wishes to Master Gunny Shumaker to see it.

Howard

“It is with heavy heart an immense sadness that I must pass along this news.
That Master Gunnery Sergeant Matthew J Shumaker succumbed to his illness this morning that 04:31 a.m. eastern standard time.
United States Marine Corps and the nation of the United States of America lost a fine Warrior.
I lost a brother, a mentor and a damn good friend.
But Guns fought right to the very end and Mister Funk your Thumbtack shot to him met the absolute world to Master Guns.
As Warriors are often quoted until we all meeting Valhalla, well Matthew my dear brother I say the same to you until we meet once again in Valhalla always beside you brother always beside you ( Sorry crying now)
To the viewers that left get well wishes for master guns on behalf of myself, the Shumaker family and the United States Marine Corps. A heartfelt thank you.”

4 Likes

@hrfunk (Howard)

Thank you for sharing this, even though it is very sad.

Glad your video was able to help him in his final hours.

My condolences to his family and friends.

2 Likes