M*CARBO Brotherhood

A Hard Days Work ⚒️

That sounds like audition time ! Upper management will likely be keeping a close eye on the situation, and under expected failure conditions, you can come out ahead of the curve by just lessening the impact. Good luck, stay positive!

3 Likes

@Stircrayzy Thanks, currently looking for place holder work untill I can find what I’m looking for. They were quite upset that I said I don’t want to manage this location (unrealistic expectations, and have gone through 2 managers in one year). But as I have said before I’ve been planning on leaving for a while.

Pic for a hard days work last week lol.

5 Likes

So was bored at work today (kind of busy lol) I decided to rebuild my cs144 alternator for a conversion on my 4runner, not hard by any means, but I always stress over little things lol. The alternator is stock 145 amps, upgraded it to 200 amps. Any who here’s some pics.

Before:

After:

7 Likes

That’s a lot of amps! Why so many? Do you ha e a power winch?
Nice work!

2 Likes

145, 200…whatever it takes.54e9ie8H_400x400

3 Likes

Yep down the road I plan on adding a winch, extra lights, fridge, and a 2nd battery. So I decided to upgrade once.

3 Likes

@CatFood I hear you. Did you get a “dual battery smart regulator” to make it do what you want? I would go that route.

1 Like

@MountainHunter yes that is my plan, though a dual battery is in the future, I was looking at a battery switch that controls the charge state of both batts and can allow me to solar charge both or a single battery when they are not in use or being used (camping etc.). I got the idea from some Australian dude that does a bunch of camping/overlanding/off roading. It will be a investment but my ultimate goal is to have a somewhat self reliant vehicle. Hopefully I can accomplish that by end of 2021 maybe. But a lingering job switch is putting things on hold for the moment.

2 Likes

@CatFood Balmar makes some nice alternators and dual battery isolated output EXTERNAL regulators. :eye:’ve installed many on boats back in my shipwrights days.
Higher output at lower rpm’s is the key…:sunglasses::face_with_monocle:
When you get to that point please post up which one you go with.

https://www.defender.com/balmar-alternators-voltage-regulators.jsp

:eye: would get a dual battery isolated output solar charge controller and keep it separate from the car regulator…for redundancy…:sunglasses:

Have you increased the diameter of the battery cables for the higher amperage?

1 Like

Just finished up a tile job and the Plumber was installing this $1000 toilet seat…yes, just the seat. It has a remote control, LED lighting, adjustable heating, adjustable heated water spray, a little programmable wand that cleans whatever area you want, a blow dryer, programmable memory for him and her and a feature that cleans the bowl once you mess it up…really?..really?

5 Likes

Here’s the tile work I did.

8 Likes

In my experience, most people rich enough and foolish enough to spend like that are so full of sh!t that this may actually be a sound investment. :grinning: Of course, them sitting on the throne while bitching to tech support on their cell because they can’t figure out how to work the thing would be priceless.

9 Likes

@JoeFridaySays What was funny was after it was installed the lid kept opening and closing, lights kept turning on and off and water kept spraying every time I went near it so I had to turn the power off. They should have saved the money on the toilet seat and built a bigger shower, it’s small.

7 Likes

The image of some rich A-Hole squeezing one off as he screams at tech support is killing me!

7 Likes

@dave67 A remote? Gross! It should have voice recognition… like Alexa or Siri.
“Alexa… dump my dump”.

3 Likes

Personally, I think I’d skip the can with the high tech seat and just use that shower pan like a Moroccan toilet… :grinning:

Is it just me or does that bathroom door look a bit on the narrow side? :thinking:

6 Likes

@chilipepper

Yes, it is…contractor had to take the door out to get the tub in the bathroom. A standard bath door is 28". That door is 26" and can’t be any wider because original builder put it on a weird angle wall that won’t except a wider door.

4 Likes

But he probably installed EIFS cornices and columns, expensive moldings throughout, recessed lighting, a theater room with built in surround speakers and lots of other non-structural elements demanded by the wealthy. The foundation, framing and other structural elements were likely an afterthought - and we all know you cannot rely on Code Inspectors in most jurisdictions to insure sound construction. I have worked many cases involving such homes that were superficially attractive but structurally crap.

5 Likes

@JoeFridaySays

Yup, this builder is well known in the area for fancy ceilings, moldings, angled walls and niches yet there is no quality in the construction itself. All my tile is installed plumb, level and square so I always get to see just how bad builders and renovators are…it’s pretty much like they don’t even use levels.

6 Likes

I am just moderately tall at 6’ 2" but when we were looking for a home we visited one designed and built by a well-known contractor. As we entered the lavishly finished basement, I hit my head on the overhang. Once there, the ceiling nearly touched my head. I looked closely at the builder and noticed he was about 5’ 4" tall. :grinning: All to save another course of cinder block or taller concrete foundation forms - absurd.

8 Likes