M*CARBO Brotherhood

A Clear, Ejection Side. Glock Pistol Grip Plate For S2K Gen2

Anyone know if such a beast exists ?

1 Like

As in see-through receiver halves? Interesting. I don’t know if that can be done, though. Seems like the nylon fiber fill they use for strength would ruin any clarity and being able to see inside.

1 Like

Morris Magneto uses a clear Lexan, so you can see the Magneto spark at the points and coil while the engine is running, so it handles the heat and vibration coming off a Harley, plus the 4 bolts that hold em down doesn’t crack the cap. so in theory, one could machine receiver half’s and have a visible SUB 2000 . drawback the time machining and polishing, plus the price of the Lexan, can be had at www.estreetplastics.com , allthough the thickest they list is .500 thick.

1 Like

As dirty as these things run, I don’t even want to see inside mine anyway. I’m definitely not OCD about detail stripping it all the way down and doing a full cleaning, so mine would look like crap very quickly with clear receiver halves. Solid colors only for me, please and thank you. :rofl:

7 Likes

Could you cast a mold of one half, the mold a part with the cast?

2 Likes

Not me. How much would that cost ?

2 Likes

HUMMMmmmmm !!! Thanks .

2 Likes

Not sure really; I’ve never done it or seen it in person. And the materials where different. I was curious if it could be done with maybe latex cast and a plastic mold??? Does anyone have experience with this type of thing?? I think I’ve seen this type of thing back when Mythbusters was on.

Good point on how dirty it would be. Almost pointless.

4 Likes

I weld up plastics, radiators, tanks, air intake spiders, bodywork on cars and crotchrockets, TEKNA first came out with the clear mag covers late 69/early 70. bad thing about em, the were molded, and the plastic didn’t like heat. they would warp and yellow in about a week… Morris started making theirs, machined Lexan, buffs out perfectly clear on a baldor and doesn’t yellow or warp. been running one myself on my 75, for over a year.

molding is a lost art-form, or almost so. mold has to be made marginally bigger, so when item cools it shrinks to the right size, most things, if size and dimension is critical, are a custom endeavor or a mold machined by a CNC mill, where the size % can be adjusted accordingly

I personally am holding out for the alloy receiver…:smiling_imp:

5 Likes

My reason for the question was to SEE everything inside working.
After all I have done to smooth everything out on the inside I now could make an ANIMI about it
I have learned lots though and thanks.

3 Likes

It’s possible, but you’ll spend a fair amount of time testing, AFTER the molding/machining has been done. Tennessee Arms makes a ‘Ghost’ lower that appears to be pretty robust. I have one, and while they say it’s good to .458, I’ll probably build a dedicated .22 LR out of it. It looks VERY cool in person, though:

Tennessee Arms Ghost lower

5 Likes

With the recent issue of some S2Ks cracking and breaking clean in two, I don’t think it would be a good idea for Kel-Tec to attempt clear receiver halves these days before getting their “bread and butter” versions right first.

3 Likes