M*CARBO Brotherhood

9mm civil defense round

Looking at this round I noticed the 2 piece casing ? Holding primer. None of the others have this, just a one piece shell down to the bottom of the casing. I’m by no means an ammo expert I just never noticed this. The ammo is super fast and light weight.

5 Likes

Brass base Aluminum upper case.
It reminds me of this handful of Tracer 556 rounds I bought off a guy.
They were Bass base/POLYMER case In this instance the poly was red.
I think I got like 10 or so from him and a couple empty, I never shot them
and still have them in a stash somewhere/
I also have a box of Aluminum base polly top 308 blanks.
all are non reloadable as I suspect your round is as well.

4 Likes

The casing is actually nickel plated bras as is the projectile but copper instead.

5 Likes

The shell case is nickel plated aluminum while the base is stainless steel. www.shellshocktechnologies.com Edit: got it bass ackwards. The base is nickel plated aluminum while the case is stainless steel.

4 Likes

Whats the point of that I wonder… the case part.
If it is all brass anyway, I do realize that the base is harder than the mouth
but that is usually just annealed to make it softer. Seems like an extra step and process
for 0 gain in material saving.

Just read the SS base…HUH…

The copper part is due to the lefty loony lead ban in CA prolly.

I cant seem to get the link to work

NAS3 Two-Piece Shell Case Technology: Best in Class

Features

• Engineered for the future: 50% lighter and 2x stronger than brass
  • Outperforms nickel-plated brass on every level
  • Uniform wall thickness + proprietary assembly techniques = reliable and consistent velocity, 0.93 fps standard deviation see Independent Test Report.
  • Reloadable
  • Ejects cool to touch
  • Made in the USA
    sst-techpage
    Aluminum Base ?SS cylinder
4 Likes

I dunno Kinda seems like a Very expensive solution in search of a problem…
I see DOD Funding somewhere in this…
and 1.50 a round type deal…
I like 15 cent ammo that not only seems to work well can be reloaded several times then melted down and remade… Crazy Huh.

4 Likes

Not something ya wanna be shooting at paper with by any means.

7 Likes

@rcdave09

One piece casing, two piece casing…what ever it takes. :laughing:54e9ie8H_400x400

6 Likes

So expensive that it falls into the Paul Harrell
“Buscadero Ticonda” Precious Class…
Never to used and no idea where it hits if you do.

Of course these days even Wolf steel has become “Precious”

5 Likes

I carry this stuff daily and have shot plenty. It will actually go through 3A body armor also. Super fast and light. It also brings the weight of a small carry like my 43x down by a noticeable amount. From my G19 the ammo is pretty damn accurate and super smooth to shoot.

5 Likes

You are a rarity for actually shooting expensive ammo… my brother in law wears out his gold dot +p I bet that box is 20 years old…

for reference of Paul Harrell:

Why I Don’t Like “Hyper” Ammo

3 Likes

It’s made for shoot’n and no reason to leave it on the shelf. I rotate it every year. It’s only 50 rounds ($65.00ish) and it blows watermelons and water jugs all to hell.

5 Likes

I see it just like drinking good whiskey, Coffee, a quality cigar ect. Ammo is a consumable and made to be such. I would never carry something I haven’t been to the range with. It’s only money.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the engagement!

So I assume you do a fair bit of shooting, as do I, only recently did I convert to a RMR (about 16 months ago as there was a deal I could not pass up)

Prior to that, as I also shoot a 19, I found quite a POA POI spread between +p Gold dot and the run of the mil ammo I shot for my range fun. Prior to the RMR which I can adjust for ammo and yes I have a dope chart just for that as I do for my rifles. How do handle the differences with the light weight projectiles and do you feel that under pressure you will revert to muscle memory with range ammo Vs the CD Carry?

4 Likes

One of the big reasons I went to this civil defense ammo was the lack of recoil and ability to stay on target. My 2 carry guns are a g19 and G43x and they both shoot this stuff problem free. I’m not a gun guru by any means, just an old jar head that likes to shoot. We have Hernando sportsman club here in homasassa springs that has some great outdoor ranges and get up there as much as possible. Appreciate your insight as well bud. Have a great day.

5 Likes

very good and Semper Fi from another jarhead.

5 Likes

Awesome bud. I was one of those Airwing guys that worked on CH-53E’s

5 Likes

Combat Eng from Swamp LeJeune.

5 Likes

Fantastic. I spent my time at MCAS Tustin and ElToro in Orange County ca.
1 year in Okinawa of course and the USS Belleauwood for a few pumps.

5 Likes

Did you see the John Paul Jones Burned at the dock in diago last month… she may never put back to sea… I am just sick over that.

4 Likes