M*CARBO Brotherhood

$899 SUB2000 With M*CARBO Upgrades?

I bought the Sub 2000 and have added all available McCarbo parts–that is except the butt stock for which I do not want to drill extra holes. Also not the red dot mount which still hasn’t been delivered from the factory. By the time all is said & done, I’ll have close to $1000 into this firearm. Too bad Kel-Tec doesn’t decide to sell a model will all the McCarbo parts in the $899 range.

8 Likes

Your wish came true already! The MCARBO M-Series.

6 Likes

I went the same route, but that was before the M series was released.
I did do the butt stock pad. But not the optic mount, not yet.

Unless you live in Cali, the M series price range is around $750, I think.

4 Likes

If I had it to do over again, for sure would have bought the Sub 2000 in this package–but it wasn’t an option at the time. In any event I would add (at $100 extra promotional price) the flip out red dot mount.

6 Likes

I did the same 2 weeks after I ordered all my mcarba parts the M series was released :man_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

I really enjoyed doing all the upgrades myself, so I have no regrets.

But if I were to get another, it would be an M-series. It’s a good deal.

7 Likes

@Gunther22G
@Boomchucker

Making a ‘suggestion’ for a NEW M*CARBO BROTHER to swallow his/her own pride and digging deep for an $899 investment for an M-Series Sub2K is not an EZ ‘vocalization’ for me… I am very OLD SCHOOL when it comes to ‘change’ and ‘updating.’ Especially when large companies walk over people!!! M*CARBO and Kel-Tec are exceptions when it comes to the FIREARMS INDUSTRY… I am a ‘claims examiner’ and ‘customer representative’ with 30 years of experience in the automotive industry. My experience has helped me in ALL the fields from one time or another! I am by NO means or claim to be an expert in ANY field. My current ‘learning curve’ is my NEW Apple I8… I think it is an (over-priced) piece of CRAP, truthfully! My wife spent almost $1800 for 2 phones because Consumer Cellular made her keep 1 phone because it took her over 1 year to ‘program’ the bastard! Customer service has NO ‘technical support team’ and just sends their customers to Best Buys when they cannot answer the situation. This mean that the AVERAGE customer trades their NEW phone in to get a $400 trade in and Consumer Cellular gets a NEW PHONE CREDIT… In an INSURANCE INDUSTRY ( A CLAIM IS MADE AND PAYMENT IS DONE THROUGH A “SUBROGRATION” PROCESS.) In ‘laymans terms’ the company gets paid twice or ‘double dips’ from your pockets! I try to HELP people and ‘pray’ that others benefit in ways that they can PAY IT FORWARD some day!!! :pray:

4 Likes

The M-Series is a slight premium for having the parts installed and a semi-limited model. As others have said I found the process of installing the upgrades rewarding, despite my inexperience with such things.

I’ve considered an M-Series, either in 9mm to match my M&P 2.0c 9mm (my current is the M&P.40 to match my duty gun), or a Glock model for reliable extended mags. But the latter would force me to get a Glock pistol (or more likely build a Polymer 80). Not unappealing options but my money is better spent elsewhere for now haha

6 Likes

welcome to the forum bud

3 Likes

@Gunther22G Welcome to the BROTHERHOOD

4 Likes

My wife and I use 2 flip phones through Consumer Cellular, and the subscription costs under $50 for both. I really don’t like smart phones for a variety of reasons.

4 Likes

I somewhat regret seeing how much 9mm carbines and rifles have dropped but I love the gun. Still, under $700 with using full discounts so not too shabby.

3 Likes

Kel tec sub 2k comes from factory as an affordable and usable gun. The M carbo upgrades while not necessarily needed. transform this basic weapon into a more pleasurable shooting experience. I did all my upgrades as they came out.

If I had no prior knowledge of what the Mcarbo parts did to improve the sub 2k experienc would I have bought the Mcarbo sub 2k? I am not sure I would. I would look at the price differential and ask myself if this was a gimmick and go with the stock rifle and probably go through the same upgrade install experience. I wish there was a way to allow sub 2k newbies to try both side by side to feel the benefits of the mcarbo upgrades.

Then the mcarbo series sub 2k sale’s would blow up.

It’s sad to say that probably only the existing sub 2k owners really know the value that sub 2k package actually offers in terms of discount and lack of at times frustration in installing parts.

I saw my investment total on the mcarbo web page a while back and was taken back as well.

Of course I have purchased other mcarbo upgrades for other weapons so that was taken into account. I rationalized the expense as a great learning experience and that my sub 2k was becoming everything I wanted it to be. It also allowed me to upgrad the sub 2k as my budget allowed.

Plus i learned that Mcarbo parts are top of the line and would not hesitate to install anything they produce for any gun i own.

8 Likes

@Gunther22G

I call them ‘dumbA$$ phones’ and 'dumba$$ tv’s!" …

2 Likes

I’m not clear on how to order the modified M Series so it accepts Smith & Wesson M & P magazines. I’ve looked at the video and read the copy several times, but it’s not clear to me. What does “multi mag” and “magazine catch” really mean. Can’t I just specify M & P on the original order and insert M & P magazines? Would it be less hassle just to order the version that takes Glock magazines, as I had done with the Sub 2000 I previously purchased?

3 Likes

Multi mag can accept a number of different mags with the swap of a mag catch. The Glock models are entirely different grip halves.

You want Multi mag with a M&P mag catch. Seems like it may come with all applicable mag catches? That’s how it reads to me

4 Likes

The Kel-Tec was not even on my radar which is strange since I own 4 more of their guns and really like the innovativeness of their designs. I was actively looking at the Ruger PC in 9mm due to the takedown design as a truck/backpack gun. I bought a couple of tickets in a local gun raffle and won the S2K. I went to pick it up and until I actually held it in my hands, was contemplating trading it against the Ruger and paying any difference. The gunsmith, who is a friend of mine has both a 9 & 40 and was telling me about how much he likes them. I took it home and found this forum and Mcarbo and my opinion has changed. I bought the pro trigger kit and the new notched rear sight. I’m planning on installing them next weekend. I really love to work on guns and have been doing so since I took gunsmith training over 30 years ago so making the trigger better will really make the little gun much better. Had I come across the M-Series from Mcarbo I probably would have bought it instead.

8 Likes

I would have bought the m series out the gate but buying the rifle first and then doing the upgrades kept me off the wife’s radar. I didn’t regret doing the upgrades and the rifle is my favorite range toy. A big thumbs up for both Mcarbo and keltec.

8 Likes

Ok, I had not considered purchasing a Sub2000 until I joined the forum. I now have the bug, and this will be my next firearm purchase for sure. I just need to get the kids out of college first.

6 Likes