M*CARBO Brotherhood

45 Degree Front and Rear Backup Iron Sights... any thoughts

Hi, I would like to install some back up iron sights on my Ruger PC full chassis model. I have the Holosun HS403B red dot and don’t have any interest in having it co-witness. Any thoughts, recommendations or setup wishing to share.

Thanks

4 Likes

I just installed the front and back flip up/down sites on my AR. They are from USAOPTICS. I really like them.

In the up position…

Folded down and out of the way…

@RedATX And Welcome to the Brotherhood.

9 Likes

Thank you sir. Didn’t think on flip up/down options. Recently read someone complaining the ones he has loose Zeroing. Looks cool. Tritium?

4 Likes

Those are a lot cheaper on Amazon.

4 Likes

“Cheaper” is a relative term. I did my research.

6 Likes

I use blue loctite on everything but bacon. No problems here.

No, I have several colors of phosphorescent night sights paint that I dab on with a toothpick.

6 Likes

:+1:t2:

I didn’t do any…

6 Likes

I have bought products on amazon where they simply find cheap knock offs and use the advertising and promo pics from better made products. Not taking that chance again.
But… maybe you are right. Too late though, I already licked them. :rofl:

14 Likes

I’ve run these for years, best I’ve seen.

7 Likes

I bought a set of 45° mounts for my magpul flip up irons. I was planning on using them on my 7.62x39 ar. So i could have them seperate from my red dot. But they line up so perfect with my red dot i put the offset mounts to the side for another day.

7 Likes

Howdy, just ordered at USA Optics with fiber optic, Thanks

6 Likes

@RedATX I really think you will be happy. They are sturdy and fit very well in the picatinny rail. I used some blue loctite as usual.

5 Likes

And, they could very well be cheap Chinese cloned garbage, too. Amazon is “king” of that these days. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

@RedATX i ran back up irons at one point and then just said heck with it and took them off.

4 Likes

I don’t own many weapons. I use for home defense and targets. I would have a very difficult time/feeling using the rifle if the Red dot fails and have no back up sights. The cost is minimal… imagine the responsibility factor.

Thank’s for sharing.

5 Likes

Likely, and the usaoptics variety went as far as stating that they are “packaged and shipped in USA”.
That’s gotta be worth something.

8 Likes

@Kona My AR is strictly for a defensive engagement… not hunting or sports shooting events. Electronics fail, batteries go dead, lenses fog, etc. I therefore require a backup system.

I was taught 3 is 2, 2 is 1, and 1 is none.

6 Likes

I have a set of 45° iron sights on my AR9 pistol.

I bought them from Amazon for $30 and am satisfied with them as a backup option. I decided against going with flip up ones as I prefer them always being ready to use. I find it easy to just tilt the AR slightly and fire off a few rounds using the iron sights and then go back to the red dot.

Sights on Amazon

7 Likes

@RedATX Went to the range tonight and sighted in the 45 degree sights at 50 yards. Easy to adjust and easy to see the target. I put a total of 120 rounds downrange and they did not loosen and kept zero the whole time. I must have flipped them up and down 50 times as well… no issues. I hope you enjoy yours!

2 Likes

Great! Mine arrive Tuesday!! Can’t wait.

An issue I need to resolve is the zeroing of my red dot. The issue: if remove the riser an place low in the front chassis (is a takedown model) or not. I broke my neck many moons ago and have lost lateral mobility it may be painful the change. I’m a perfectionist so always aim for the best and I’m just learning the trade.

2 Likes