M*CARBO Brotherhood

44 Magnum Mountain Gun vs. New Hampshire LEO Qual

Here’s a fun video to kick off the week!

Howard

12 Likes

Question HR, I know the 629 is lighter than the Model 29, what frame is it set up on?

4 Likes

The Mountain Gun is still built on the N-Frame, but it uses the tapered barrel and round-butt configuration. The result is a very packable and well balanced big bore revolver.

Howard

6 Likes

I carried the 44 mag Mountain Gun for years in the Wy Rockies guiding & search & rescue as personal protection . I really felt it was a great revolver & accurate with 300 gr cast core ammo the only reason I retired it was I found a 454 cal at a great price when they decided to go to 50 cal revolver. I would highly recommend a 44 mag Mountain Gun to anyone that doesn’t limp wrist a firearm or go to 44 special ammo instead in the 44mag. :cowboy_hat_face: As a side note I sold my 454 & kept my 44 mag mountain gun.

7 Likes

Great gun I have the .357 7 shot mountain gun model

4 Likes

I always wanted a .357 to go along with my .44, but I never did find one.

Howard

5 Likes

+1 for using one of Elmer Keith’s pet loads!

4 Likes

I love my Dan Wesson Alaskan Guide .445, except the true .445 ammo is hard to come by.

5 Likes

What a great video. New here and haven’t seen HR in action

7 Likes

@rcdave09

All of his videos are very well done and informative, I actually purchased a CMMG Banshee 300 in 9mm because of his review on it.

6 Likes

Grab some snacks and a comfortable chair, you’ve got some hours of YouTubing ahead. HR’s pretty prolific on putting out the content and as @dave67 said, all well done and informative. Plus, if you enjoy a solid flattop haircut, you’ll get to see a few of those on occasion after HR hit’s the groomers… :grinning:

@hrfunk Nice shooting, absolute beast of a handgun there as well.

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words guys! By the way, I’m in bad need of a haircut. It’s hard to get into the barbershop these days, but I’ll see if I can get the flat-top back in proper shape!

Howard

7 Likes

It’s tough in these COVID times, you get a pass. :laughing:

2 Likes

hey hrfunk! little star struck here, been a fan on youtube for a few weeks now. This brotherhood just keeps getting better! thanks for the great informative videos

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you’re enjoying the videos. By the way, I am by no means a “star” so please don’t be “struck.” Feel free to give me a shout whenever you like.

Howard

3 Likes

@hrfunk BIG fan here! Although, I am not “star struck”.

But… if you could please reply to this post using my name “Brian” I could do a screenshot and post it on my Facebook page for all my friends to see, that would be totally awesome! Please! Oh, and mention how I am such a great shot (optional). :grin:

1 Like

To my friend Brian. I hope to someday be as good a shooter as you are!

Take Care,
Howard
AKA: HRFunk

7 Likes

I just fell out of my chair. :joy: You made my day. :heart: Thank you my friend and don’t stop with your great videos. You are a class act, without being an act. But please… get a haircut. :rofl:

3 Likes

HR you don’t do the High and Tight anymore? I am LOL about getting into a barber shop now as I have not been in one for almost a year. Going to donate to WigsforKids when it grows out a couple more inches. My USMC commanders would be having a cow about now.
Tom

1 Like

I sometimes still go with the High&Tight, but I think the flat-top looks a little better.

Howard

4 Likes