3D Printed Butt Pad

I pretty much rely on Tinkercad. I really haven’t been at it for too long and it’s a really easy program to use.

1 Like

BTW I’m on Thingiverse as Mark Nastold.

1 Like

Same here. I have Fusion360 installed and the startup license but not enough time to learn how to use it.

While this version prints I’m sitting here looking at an AR15 stock and drew up the adapter sleeve to go from 25.6mm Kel-Tec to 29.5~30mm of the AR15. Little bit of hacksaw work, 1 or 2 holes fro the buffer pin and an AR15 stock would work…

3 Likes

That sounds awesome Brother. A lot of folks on here have been looking for just that type of setup.

1 Like

Well pwwwwwt! The inner diameter of a milspec AR15 buffer tube is .98-1.0 inch, the outside diameter of the Kel-tec is 1.0 inch I wonder if there is any chance the buffer tube would slide over the kel-tec tube?

Anybody tried that?

2 Likes

@solarix Check out this topic.https://forum.mcarbo.com/t/ar-15-buttstock-adapter-for-your-sub-2000/30/2

1 Like

@Dred did that. He took an AR buffer tube and honed out the inside so it would fit over the S2K tube. He is able to use a minimalist AR stock on his S2K with the adjustability of an AR stock. He did have to cut a notch in the AR stock to maintain the ability to fold his S2K.

1 Like

Exactly what my idea is. I already have the AR stock, I ordered a buffer off ebay for $9.89 with free shipping. I think with a bit of trimming of the tube and the AR stock it would work and retain the folding but the latch probably have to go. It cost $10 to try it.

At this point, I have the wrong gun. I should have bought an AR15 in 9mm glock. Hey I can put that on the I want to buy list. Still love the weight/size/portability and storage of the Sub 2000.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, the latch did have to go. He also replaced the stock pin with a Clevis pin.

@solarix, here is a pic of what @Dred has done to his. I did get the opportunity to meet him at the range and fire his S2K. Since im 6’5" with long arms, it really made a difference being able to add a couple more inches to the LOP.

1 Like

Nice looking rig. Too big now for what I’m after though.

Back to the original idea, 2 hours left on the re-print
snap-999999

4 Likes

The stock on my Avatar’s Blaster matches my Sub 2000. I run a Minimalist stock. It did not slide over but a little time with a brake hone on the buffer tube fixed the fit issue. End result is blissful enjoyment.

Edit to note: Late to this stock party. Also to note it’s set to my 6’3" Gorilla Wingspan LOP in the picture that’s shared in this thread - it adjusts shorter. Also gonna note I’d start with Commercial Spec if I did it again - less honing required.

3 Likes

eBay tube on the way… I’de like the minimalistic but shorter, not sure thats possible, all I want is maybe 1/2 inch longer and a much better fit to the shoulder.

The last print on my stock failed at about 45 minutes left came loose from the bed, new print started after cleaning and leveling but it fits not near as pretty as yours though.
edit note: should have waited on buy it now its a milspec but maybe its a loose milspec for $9.89

1 Like

@solarix Considering you have 3D printing capabilities, you might want to try building something like this to use an AR Stock. It should also put the stock in a more comfortable position and improve the sight line. I don’t know if the materials you can use are strong enough though.

P.S. If you do build it, I want one!

2 Likes

Here is the latest result, going to use it today for a few rounds weather permitting.

Other than the snaffu of missing centerline it looks fairly sanitary. I would like to match the raised/sunken areas of the S2k original part but I doubt I could print it successfully. It is solid and I do not believe you could knock it off without other damage to the gun.

8 Likes

That is so friggin’ sweet it makes my tummy hurt!! Beautiful! I see so many variants of this I’m dizzy with it. Great work Brother👍

5 Likes

Here it is on the gun and in the lower right I am working on a possible way to put an added bit onto the lower picatinny rail on the stock making the butt a bit taller on the bottom. May work or it may be a flop gotta print it and see what needs to be shaped and if it would even hold.

Installed-Plus

8 Likes

That is awesome!!! Really like your idea of adding to the bottom also. That would solve both of my problems. Longer LOP for my gorilla arms and taller for my giraffe neck.
:+1::+1:

6 Likes

@solarix Excellent work! Would love to get your opinion on another idea - creating a 3D printed butt pad adapter for S2k to Magpul MOE pads like this one?

3 Likes

Cool. When do they go on sale? LoL

1 Like