M*CARBO Brotherhood

.308 at 1200 yards?

Here’s one for all you long-range rifle enthusiasts!

Howard

17 Likes

@hrfunk Great video and great shooting. :+1:

6 Likes

Thank you, and thanks for watching!

Howard

6 Likes

What this guys said. Good to see you exercising the new gear.

7 Likes

I was actually glad to see my old work rifle is still up to the task. That rifle and I have been through a LOT of things together.

Howard

5 Likes

lot of old work rifles still up to tha challenge. love to take my old 40X Remington out there and walk the hog, excellent work with tha Winchester there HR

5 Likes

Thank you so much! Getting the cheek-weld on that old 700P is like resting my head on my favorite pillow. Lots and lots of time spent looking through that glass, and many bad guys never knew they ere centered in the reticle.

Howard

5 Likes

@hrfunk
Howard,
Enjoyed :v:
Nice shooting :v:
I have a 1957 Remington 721 in .270 with a Leopoldo 4 X 9 Mark II that I want to shoot way out there someday.
That Was “**Way Cool”**:v::v::v::v:
Thanks.

4 Likes

Thank you! That .270 would do it for sure!

Howard

4 Likes

know exactly what you mean when i pull into that old 40X they aint no bobbing around, just slides right in on the sweet spot.
I have a older ZEISS scope on mine, varmint style, adjustable both ends. that old 1969 version of a scope, still make my old eyes feel like their 20 again.
i love the newer stuff thats out there, dont get me wrong, but i love to see someone bring out the old style classics that will still get the job done. thanx for doin that HR

4 Likes

You are most welcome! Keep enjoying that fine old rifle!

Howard

5 Likes

Up one more time for any of you who mightnhave missed it yesterday!

Howard

5 Likes

Great video and I see you still retained some of your Marine Corps rifle skills ;-). It is always nice to be able to “reach out and touch someone” as needed.
On a side note I wonder what the max range on a 12 ga slug is and how much hold over is required at 200 yards. I did hit a 12" square plate at 110 yards with Ghost ring sights on a 18" barrel Rem 870 years ago. Little luck was involved but I did it 3 times in a row.
Tom

2 Likes

@TomT brinikkie slugs i know will reach out hunting wise, the Black Magic rounds got 602 gr slug, and at 100yds still rocking 955fps At 1219fp of energy.
I use the Black Magic (602) in 12 ga and KO in 12 and 20, 437 gr and 328 gr respectively. 437 gr 12 ga KO is 1003 FPS with 977ftp of energy, have used and still will used both of these hunting. solid hitters at 100yds
home defense round SFMBPM has 998 FPS and 1298 fp of energy at 100 yds. it will stop a truck Ive hit with my Browning A5 12ga with 3" shells , cylinder barrel with brenneke slugs at 125 on steel, never really tried it further.
https://www.brennekeusa.com

3 Likes

Brenneke makes some pretty wild ammo, some of those slugs are down right scary. I could have used some of them in a past job. FYI NEVER throw a flash bang into a small bathroom the toilet explodes and the porcelain shreds everything in it. Made a hell of a mess.
Tom

3 Likes

Great stuff. Met you briefly at the last Camp Perry. Head shaved guy that walked by and said “hello HR Funk.” My buddy and I stayed for some of the 1,000 yard long range. I had never done more than 600 yards, but we had good ammo data. Hit that son of a gun target 16 times out of 20 with an M1A with irons and while that would be a miserable day for a long range competitor, I thought I had won the Olympics! Hope to see you again next year and if so, I’ll do a proper introduction. I was in a hurry at registration yada yada. Great to see you still carry yourself like a Marine, you come across more bad a$$ in person than on video LoL!

3 Likes

That sounds great! Good shooting in that match! It also just reinforces the idea that long-range shooting is really a matter of you competing against yourself. I hope to see you next year at CP!

Howard

4 Likes