M*CARBO Brotherhood

2020 SPACE Update: Canada-US To The MOON

Welcome @oldgringo ! Cant wait til the private sector takes more bold leaps, yeah, my money’s on SpaceX too !

4 Likes

Hey watch where your shooting… look what you did. Shot in the arm. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

2021 Space Update: :rocket::vertical_traffic_light::earth_africa::earth_asia:

Bozo headed to space without space suit:

4 Likes

This was a cool video.
I missed it. Space suites are over rated, but I bet they wore Depends.
That acceleration was crazy.
Txs for the update.

2 Likes

So… the craft basically got up to 2200mph, went to 0mph at 352k feet, and then dropped straight back down in a free fall?

4 Likes

To the edge of space they went! woo hoo

3 Likes

Does anyone else think the rocket and capsule look like a giant dildo?

6 Likes

All the way around the world they do…

7 Likes

Didnt have the balls to go all the way into orbit.
:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
Little known fact… if anything goes wrong the crew “ejects” right out the tip.
:flushed::flushed::flushed:

9 Likes

Looks a lot like the ship in “Flesh Gordon” not that I would ever have watched such a movie.

8 Likes

Just to save everyone the time of doing an internet search…

-JKii0HnWeUQ

7 Likes

I remember seeing those at truck stops next to th…. Never mind.

6 Likes

You know, I dig this forum due to all the knowledge regarding every aspect of firearms and learn something continually. In addition, there are various topics that are flat out entertaining and welcomed escapes from daily life. This particular threads journey starts with info on a US/Canadian joint space venture with @cico7 astutely pondering “WTF?” and the group proceeds to seamlessly weave Marvin the Martian, space farts, Bullwinkle, Bezos and Flesh Gordon into the discussion. Brilliantly done by all, gentlemen. It truly does take a village.

I proudly step forward and admit to having seen that movie at a drive-in theater.

4 Likes
4 Likes

FYI-
July 21

NASA’s final space shuttle mission comes to an end…

6 Likes

Folks, a problem here IMHO my recent takeaway. Your recently appointed J. B. has a proven track record of undoing or taking credit for D. T. successes and therefore 1 can predict a sudden end to the joint CDN/US moon mission, currently and future plans. To bad if it happens and I certainly hope that it doesn’t happen. Did my best to be P. C. hopefully not stepping out of bounds here and not fishing around. :zipper_mouth_face:

8 Likes

@Moosecall Are you as a Canadian subject under J.T. publically airing your personal opinion on JOE BIDEN and DONALD TRUMP? And you want to be POLITICALLY CORRECT while doing so.

Yeah… that’s good with us. Continue please.

6 Likes

Is Just-Is TooDumb still behind the mission to the moon?

5 Likes

I don’t think it will be a total loss. No country can really afford (financially or technologically ) to go it alone for major space operations.
Canada supplied the manipulator arm for ISS among other things.
And politically, that’s how every administration is and has been. Takes took long for new policies or changes to really be seen for a single term administration to claim something as their win so the next man feels it’s theirs.

5 Likes

Great points and noted, a relief.

Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

And afterwards i did some more research into the current status of the JV and it’s still on track. Guess I should have done that first before commenting on the worst case scenario.

Cheers,

5 Likes