1911 Lovers-COME OUT OF THE CLOSET

460 Rowland Mechtech on RIA 22TCM Doublestack 1911 - 16" of 1911

8 Likes

Well hello there!! Aren’t you the most fun thing I seen all day💕

3 Likes

@Dred I want it badly

3 Likes

Nice! Was there any special paperwork or other BATFE BS required for the upper?

2 Likes

Nope … just an accessory delivered to my door. That pic is several years old - need to retake in current configuration plus get the 10 into the pic.

3 Likes

This be My 22 T.C.M. Rock Island Custom by John Glass’

9 Likes

Interesting. I thought for sure something would be needed for turning a pistol into a rifle with a shoulder stock. Isn’t that what all the BS over the Sig brace was about on AR pistols because people were shouldering it and it caught the attention of the BATFE?

1 Like

Put some new grips on my Springfield a couple weeks ago. Good feel and looks good too

7 Likes

@Wedge DANGER DANGER! ATF has ruled shouldering a braced pistol does not change the configuration of the pistol to a rifle. However, altering the brace in any way to make the brace permanently attached (red loctite) or altering the brace to make it more comfortable to shoulder are both big NO-NO’s. The LOP can not be longer than 13.5 inches either. I believe the ATF thinks SBR laws are stupid and relaxing the brace rules kind of fixes that. Heck, they even make 6 position adjustable braces now. Shoulder away!

6 Likes

Good to know, but it was definitely an issue for a while. And, are the SBR/AOW “laws” actually laws or just BATFE regulations? If it’s the latter, they can easily get rid of that garbage if they wanted to.

2 Likes

@Wedge law of the land drafted, endorsed, and shoved forth in concert with the NRA all packaged into the 1934 National Firearms Act.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’ve never dealt with any NFA stuff, but I do want to get a suppressor one day. It’s that damned wait that keeps putting me off when I read about people waiting two years or whatever for their paperwork. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Same. Hard to spend $1000, give or take, plus the $200 tax stamp only to wait 9-15 months. A coworker is towards the back end of his wait for a 7.62 suppressor, gonna put it on my .300 BLK pistol and have some fun.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some law saying you can’t even do that because it’s a “transfer” since you’re not the registered owner.

2 Likes

What Kona said plus …

The Mechtech makes the pistol into a rifle rather than into a short barreled rifle. It starts as a pistol and can be returned to pistol with a slide swap.

Also, I can’t take it to Cali. Shucks I say.

5 Likes

I was just reading about that. Hey, guess what? Ol’ Wedge actually learned something today. :rofl:

5 Likes

@Wedge at the beginning of the year I’m gonna buy 2-3 cans from Thompson machine. I kind of had my nose in the air about suppressors on 556 when you’re still wearing ear pro. But I’ve seen them in person now and have a new perspective.

5 Likes

I hereby grant you Title: Owner of the Sexiest 22TCM Dred has Seen. Conratulations and … well played. I’d love to have two of my Rocks Hard Chromed.

3 Likes

Thank you Sir’ The First time John did a Desert Sand on it and it wasn’t the Burn’t Bronze I was looking to get ! So this is the Redone Version, 3# trigger and all the fine Tuning Internal work along with a larger Fiber Optic Front Sight, It really is such a fine weapon to Shoot and I always love the Reaction of People when I have to use a public Range! With all the W.T.F. Is that ? then theirs the Fire Ball’s and Hallo’s depending on the light of day. And the nice thing is when my S.S.I.Check is Late! I can use the 9mm barrel !:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Took a “Portrait Mode” shot of mine for giggles, and actually came out great

9 Likes