1911 Lovers-COME OUT OF THE CLOSET

Why not the 22 tcm/9mm 2 guns for the price of one ? U tube the FBI Style gel test’s

2 Likes

well I dont have an answer for that LOL I will take a look

1 Like

Thought I would post this again for the new members to see.

1937 Colt 38 super

7 Likes

I have them on quite a few different fire-arms, including the Tracker and the Makarov. love em. in a hot humid climate no such thing as slipping around on that grip.

1 Like

Ok … you sir have an awesome pistol, but I’m fixating on your grips. A woman woulda slapped me for checking them so deliberately. Do they have a story? Wanna trade’m for VZs or Alumagrips or Desert Ironwood? I’m also interested in the front strap treatment - is it worn checkering or some type of stipling?

1 Like

@dred When I came in to possession of the 1911, it was as you see it. It seems that it came up from either Texas, ex Texas Ranger gun or from Mexico. The person who had it was given it by a Cowboy when she had a ranch in Texas. I think that the grips and sights were from some time it spent shooting in competitions. The front strap looks like it was made that way.

Shoots great after all these years.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing the additional details. It is definitely an interesting piece. When it’s ready to come back to Texas - I know a guy :sunglasses:.

2 Likes

@Dred I’ll keep you in mind :smiley:

2 Likes

Probably my favorite gun to shot.

3 Likes

Why would Hank Hill (Or, Mr. Andersen) take a hostage? I wonder who will get those references. :rofl:

5 Likes

@Wedge image
?

5 Likes

Lol probably was going to be a propane shortage.

3 Likes

I think hank could go postal, no offense to any postal workers if there are any here just using the slang term, it’s the quiet ones that you gotta watch out for, bring them in to the fold, they need friends too and having friends will keep them from going nuts or at least they might tell you the day they will, go nuts, that is… maybe bevis got in hanks/mr anderson’s trailer again??? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, Hank was the obvious one. Mr. Andersen was a little more obscure, but he was the character Mike Judge based Hank Hill on. Both great shows. :+1:

Okay, sorry for the little diversion. Back to 1911s. :grinning:

2 Likes

No that was a great little aside and should be allowed😆

3 Likes

The previous admin would have stomped a mudhole in my face for going off topic. But, that’s okay. Sometimes it has to be done. :grin:

1 Like

Hey we’re just having a conversation here, while poised and waiting to buy the next big something from MCARBO :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

My feelings exactly and I’ve even said the same thing before. Shooting the bull every now and then can make a forum feel more like a “community” instead of nothing but an information resource where everything has to be so sterile and strictly on topic 100%. :+1:

5 Likes

@wedge @Boomchucker Maybe we should start a thread about nothing in particular to have a place to “just have a conversation”

2 Likes

Not a bad idea. Other big forums like Glocktalk and ARFCOM have general discussion areas. But, that’s also usually where things go to crap the most because they’re pretty much free-for-alls.

2 Likes