1911 Lovers-COME OUT OF THE CLOSET

@FredMalito4 That Colt on top looks like it could tell some stories…

2 Likes

1944, complete correct US Army/US Property marked 1911A1 (I bought correct mag and grips and put them away), matching numbers. The guy carved his sergent stripes on the other grip panel. I’d love to know where she went too! Found her at a local store. Best shooting gun that I have.

2 Likes

My Sigs. The Scorpion now has a series 80 delete and all Wilson Combat internals.

5 Likes

Have 3 Kimber’s. Two are 45ACP and the other 22. Then a Spring Field Armory 9mm.
All have trigger work to 3 lbs. One 45 is a first year Kimber, over 20 years and still shoots great.

1 Like

I was supposed to get my grandfather’s WW1 1911 service pistol when my dad died. But his ho second wife lied to me and said “it was lost” but her track record tells me she gave it to her kid or she hocked it at a pawn shop. I had a gunsmith do a complete service on it 20 years ago as a gift to my dad and the gunsmith offered me $2000 cash even back then. I’m still kicking myself for not writing down the serial number - then I could file a police report.

2 Likes

File a police report? Was it actually in a will for you?

1 Like

YES

but the serial number wasn’t listed on the will

2 Likes

I see. That really sucks.

2 Likes

yes, it does.

Karma is a bitch, but sometimes she puts out. I’m hoping that Karma will catch up to her one day soon.

2 Likes

Sorry for the derail folks. I’ll try to post a pic of my POS Rock Island Armory basic 1911A1 GI series. [UPDATE: Pic Posted]

I did a few minor things to upgrade it:
checkered Rosewood grips
buffer washer thingie
improved spring from Brownells (or Midway? whatevs…)
Compensator / Barrel Bushing gizmo (from CDNN)

I might get a better/ bigger mag release button and I’d love to find a decent DIY sight upgrade for it. The factory sights truly blow a big one.

2 Likes

CHEAP NEW 1911’s for those of you looking to get into shooting The Flying Ashtray as inexpensively as possible.

as far as I know, the cheapest 1911s available are from Rock Island Armory, EAA European American Arms and ATI (american tactical inc?). I’ve seen them as cheap as $327.

2 Likes

I love my 1911s, here is one of them

5 Likes

If its not a COLT, its just a copy.

1 Like

got a couple

of em, this ones my lil hot rod. Springfield ultra compact with a few tweaks.

4 Likes

Posted it in another thread but here’s my Colt Series 70 .45. Added some custom grips for flair. Hate that the blueing doesn’t show well in pictures

6 Likes

How do you like the Hogue finger groove grips. I put them on my Sig 1911 Fastback Nightmare. Fits like a glove and gives consistent grip every time. I actually have them on most of my guns, including revolvers, my AR-15 and my new Century AK-47

2 Likes

My springfield 1911-A1 Range Officer. After carrying a 1911 for 4 years in the service, I had to get it. Love that this one is match grade. Supposedly the CMP will be selling old military Colt 45’s within the next year or so.

4 Likes

I love the 1911 too. I have been looking at the rock island ROCK Ultra FS - 45 ACP

3 Likes

Only one 1911 in my safe so far, Colt Combat Unit Rail Gun in .45 ACP. Love it!

6 Likes

The only 1911 i own. Definitely more in the future though. Springfield champion. Sure shoots like a champ

2 Likes