M*CARBO Brotherhood

1911 Lovers-COME OUT OF THE CLOSET

Ha! It is!
Although, that is all polished stainless Steel with aluminum grips. A truly all metal gun.:us:

4 Likes

Don’t remember posting a picture of these two together, so now I have.

9 Likes

Well, I get about 1400 - 1500 fps with a 125 grain JHP, which isn’t too bad, considering I get about 1500 - 1600 with the same bullet in .357 mag, depending on how hot I load. So, in my experience, .38 super is like a lighter .357 magnum load. If you’re a hand loader, I would say go for it. If you’re not rolling your own, I’d pass on calibers like 38 super and 357 Sig. If you want a hand cannon, go for a 10mm…

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to contact Craig but none of the links I found worked!

3 Likes

@Grumpyolman I sent Dred a PM with John Glass’s Phone Number’ If Anyone would know about the Above He Would beaning as He and Fred C Did My Custom Together.

2 Likes

Spent some quality time cleaning a number of the girls last night, thought it would be a good time for a family photo of sorts…

16 Likes

So which one is the best shooter based on
Accuracy
Trigger
Chewing through rounds
??

4 Likes

Fair questions. As I haven’t had the commanders very long (2nd range visit for MR, 1st for R1), the jury’s still kind of out, I guess.

At the moment, accuracy is still with the Smitty, softer shooting as well though it’s gubment-size might contribute to that. I think the R1 would be second in accuracy with the MR 3rd. I’d say triggers are in that same order, Smitty, R1, MR…which may well equate to the better accuracy.

Yeah, Smitty is still king and probably one of the best handguns I own in .45 auto, neck in neck with the CZ 97B’s. I was really digging the MR (and still do) but I think the Remy might just have pipped it on first outting, pretty happy with the R1 thus far. The bull barrel on the MR does look pretty bad ass, though, but the biggest gripe I have with that gun is the necked-down beaver tail. Not sure why they did that but the exact spot where they necked it lands precisely on the 2nd knuckle of my thumb. It would be safe to say I have slightly less skin on that knuckle now than I did Saturday morning…

No malfunctions on any of them as of yet, though I’ve only run HP in the Smitty to date.

8 Likes

Just ordered SDS 1911 A1 Tanker - Centerfire Systems

Pretty decent price, $404 after shipping. Still in stock.

4 Likes

@ValorSolo I is outta “likes” fo da day.

I really want a 1911, never owned or even fired one… and that is an awesome price. In your opinion is the SDS 1911 A1 Tanker a good “starter” for a person new to 1911’s?

5 Likes

I would say yes. From what I’ve read and seen, they are very well made.
Very good quality for a very low price. Can’t really go wrong with that deal.
And I think you could easily sell and recover your money if you don’t like it.

3 Likes

I had to add (SDS1911 ) that to my favorites column, went over board already this month.

3 Likes

For the next few here. Damn 4th of July sales.

3 Likes

CS has several models of SDS 1911s in stock.
But the one above seems the best deal, to me.

I’ve wanted a Tisas for a while, so I’m quite happy.

2 Likes

:heart: Still out of likes. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Newbie question: Are 1911 holsters specific to a manufacturer? I would want an OWB belt holster for open carry.

2 Likes

No sir. The Tanker is a Commander and any holster designed for a Commander should fit just fine.

2 Likes

No.
Rails, lasers, lights, double stacks change the game but other then that no.

2 Likes

You are correct. I wasn’t thinking about such things on a 1911. LOL

3 Likes

No likes left here still. So…

:heart::heart::heart::heart: Everyone!

I need to make a quick decision. Eeek!

3 Likes

GO FOR IT ! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

3 Likes