1911 Lovers - A Tribute Thread

What is this thing “Glock”?
I’ve never heard of it.

6 Likes

You have no shame. At least when I did it, it was accidental & I quickly corrected.

6 Likes

The fact that you actually lived through that was my inspiration to post it.

If y’all would like you could unite and send me a cleaning mat for my 1911 for Christmas. Because honedtly, what you sent last year sucked.

Or… just continue to bitch about it.

8 Likes

I concur, this was an intentional act. He’s trying to piss off the gods.

What? So you’re saying you didn’t enjoy the burning bag of dog shit we sent? I’m confused…I felt it was thoughtful, appropriate and had it on good authority you enjoyed it immensely. Many of your neighbors said you were so happy when you saw it, you broke out into spontaneous rhythmic dance, right there on your front porch for all to see… :smiling_imp:

It would seem @TexasEskimo’s journey to manhood is not without issue. Our hope is, with time, he will mature. :pray:

11 Likes

@TexasEskimo I already sent you an early Christmas present.I’m anxious to see what kind of rhythm your pals here send your way.

7 Likes

You know damn well there will be Glock pics on that 1911 mat

7 Likes

Just wait until @TexasEskimo tries to reassemble his new pride and joy by looking at that mat. Priceless.

10 Likes

Or looking for # 22 The Spring loaded ‘‘Widget’’ that’s still in Orbit. :rofl:

7 Likes

That’s like dropping a deuce in the middle of someone’s living room at a party… :laughing:

10 Likes

I thought that went in the bag we gave @TexasEskimo last year for Christmas….

7 Likes

It’s one thing when a dog shits in the middle of your living room, whole other level, game and playing field when a human house guest does it…I’m just sayin’… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But enough about shitting in other people’s living rooms, back to those 1911s…

8 Likes

I guess that depends on your idea of a party.
Some people pay extra for that kind of treatment :poop:

8 Likes

You make a fair point. :smirk:

9 Likes

The eyes are getting older .So I thought this hogue laser might help

15 Likes

Lasers are a great way to show everyone else at the range how shakey you are, how you flinch when you pull the trigger, the convoluted path you take getting back on target, etc
:wink:

7 Likes

So very true :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I played around with about 30 rounds to get it CLOSE.

Then

YES INDEED I think about 3" off hand at 12yds is pretty sweet. Got complements from a respected member. Will send pictures after next time at range.

He was shooting a CANIK.

6 Likes

The infinite and perfect internet is giving me conflicting answers. So 1911 experts…
My Kimber Pro Carry II has a full size frame with a 4" barrel. Does that make it a “Commander” or a “Compact/ Officer”.

[INSERT PHOTO AND SHAMELESS PLUG FOR @HandyDave GRIP PANELS]

7 Likes

I believe Commanders are essentially Government models with a shorter barrel and slide, the grip frame remains full size. Officer models have an even shorter barrel and slide as well as a shorter frame.

So you didn’t go for the duck-billed platypus scrotum then? :grinning:

9 Likes

I actually ordered those, but by mistake he sent me the duck-billed platypus placenta grips. In his defense, they were probably next to each other in David’s vast warehouse of coolness.

7 Likes