1 TKR down and 1 to go

TKR. Hopefully I’ll be back on my motorcycle in less than 6 weeks. Already 1 session of PT. Brutal.

11 Likes

My father had both knees, l. hip and waiting for the right hip.

Best wishes to you for a speedy, clean recovery.

7 Likes

A close buddy of mine just had both done. Had to. He could hardly walk the pain had become so bad. Left knee in January, right knee a couple of weeks ago. The PT is working well and he says he is ready to nix the cane they gave him. He’s 56. I went out for couple of beers with him when I visited my mother the week before last. His scars look brutal, but he said the post-op pain from the surgery was nothing compared to his former knee pain. He’s a happy guy again.

Sounds like you are going for the double header too? Good luck!

5 Likes

This was supposed to be the second but the first one for January was cancelled due to the doctor being involved in a car wreck. Since this is being done through the VA I had to start the process all over again which may have been a blessing in disguise. Originally I was sent to an ortho picked by the VA in anther county. This time I was asked who I wanted to do the surgery and I chose a doctor I had some history with when he was giving me steroid injections for my back and had done shoulder surgery on a friend who highly recommended him. The second will be done in September after Jr. and I get back from our annual father/son motorcycle vacation. Plan on heading to the Ozarks but that will all depend on my wife’s health. Had to cancel last year for that.

7 Likes

Hope your wife is fit. Some GREAT riding in the Ozarks!

6 Likes

@Ironbutt70
Heal well, quickly and uneventfully. :+1:

4 Likes

@Moosecall
@Dred
Thanks guys. Had PT twice this week. Therapist said I’m doing very well. The top bandage started to come loose so I called the docs office. They said I could go ahead and remove it. Glad they let me do that because it was starting to itch. Now I know why they call the bandage underneath the top one a zipline bandage. Next appointment is 5/11. I’m beginning to feeling like animal when he can’t play his drums.

3 Likes